Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Daily Reminder # 53



Hope is a powerful force, especially when combined with faith (not necessarily religious) and prayer and positive thinking.

I'm very excited. Last week I saw the first bumble bee I've seen all year (they are missing and I have felt their absence deeply). This morning there were two - and they seemed bumblier than the first one I saw, which although I was thrilled to see it, didn't look quite right to me in some way. This morning's bees looked bumbly. They buzzed from flower to flower like in the old days. They gave me joy. They give me hope.

For my birthday, my friend E. sent me a truly beautiful ecard from
Care-2 (wish I could share it with you...I'm hoping the care2 link will take you there but I'm not sure it's possible.) that contained the Emily Dickinson's poem, "Hope is the Thing With Feathers." Thought I'd share that poem tonight.

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

Emily Dickinson



Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • hope
  • compassion
  • two bees
  • my camera
  • my friends
  • my house
  • watermelon
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • naps
  • birds and bunnies


May Your Day - Your Life -
Be Rich in Joy and Hope!

3 comments:

Evalinn said...

There´s a lot of hope in this post, nice!

Argent said...

Hope is indeed a wondrous thing; its sustaining power is not to be underestimated. I'm grateful for:

Jelly (jello)
Saxophones (and a friend to play them with)
Beds

Argent said...

BTW - the knees are still going strong, thanks.