Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Daily Reminder # 66

Living up to our principals is a beautiful thing.

The City of New York - my former home - stood up to bigotry today, stood up to hate and fear mongers like Sarah Palin, and cleared the way for a mosque and educational center to be built a few blocks from the site of the World Trade Center bombings. They didn't let hate win. They stood by the principles that make this nation wonderful, that too often get drowned out by ugly voices these days.

This is what makes me proud to be an American. I think I'll let the video speak for itself.




Monday morning. Almost forgot:
Some things I'm grateful for today:

honorable people
reconciliation
coffee
hope
Tara Grace playing
Angel sleeping
life



May the spirit of love and Democracy
hold hate in its arms and soothe its fears.
May we all open our hearts to each other,
to tolerance over fear, peace over war,
and love over hate.


1 comment:

Carletta said...

I was thinking the same as Argent!
Our country was indeed built by immigrants who came to this country first and foremost for religious freedom. So many people forget that.
He gave a wonderful speech.