Friday, August 20, 2010

Daily Reminder # 82


I received two e-mails today that had seemed to point to a theme about asking and receiving as well as taking note. The synchronicity of these two items made me think maybe they offered a message to share as today's daily reminder. So...

The first one came to me from my friend Nancy. She was a complete skeptic when I first met her, but her reiki experience with me (I think she said this to me) was one of the things that opened her up other possibilities. Anyway, the item she sent is anonymous in its source, but I like what it says.


GOD, PLEASE SPEAK TO ME!

A man whispered, "God please speak to me,"
And nearby a meadowlark sang.
But the man did not hear

So the man yelled, "God please speak to me,"
and thunder rolled against the sky
but the man did not listen

So the man looked around and said,
"God please let me see you,"
And a star shined brightly,
But the man did not see.

And the man shouted,
"God, please show me a miracle,"
And a life was born.
But the man did not notice.

So the man cried out in despair,
"Touch me God and let me know you are here,"
Whereupon God reached down and touched the man,
But the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.

Don't miss out on a blessing
because it isn't packaged the way you expect.
I found this to be a great reminder that God is always around us
in the little and simple things we take for granted.

Expect the unexpected!


And then a while later I received my daily I Believe God Wants You to Know message from Neale Donald Walsh... Seems to me there's a theme here....

On this day of your life, dear friend, I believe God wants you to know...

...that God is talking to you every minute of

every hour of every day.

You are never alone, or without help or guidance,

counsel or advice. You need but purely and earnestly

ask a question and God will answer you, directly

and immediately.

The answer may come in an unexpected form, but it

will come.Your only job then will be to not ignore it;

to see it for what it is. For all you know these very words

may be an answer to your question about whether God

is even listening to you or offering you guidance.





My apologies for today's photos. The back yard has been a touch stingy. This bunny showed up late yesterday afternoon as the light was going and insisted on hanging out WAY in the back... but he was the only visitor, so he's all I've got... blurry as he is...




Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • ears to hear
  • Chocolate Soy Silk
  • Huffington Post
  • The Daily Show
  • small miracles
  • big miracles
  • medium sized miracles
  • Life




MAY YOUR DAY BE FULL OF MIRACLES!
And may you recognize their presence.

No comments: