Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Daily Reminder # 246


Today's message from Neale Donald Walsh and God was something I really loved. I think it's very true and a good thing to bear in mind as we go through life. It's in keeping with the Hawaiian mysticism that I talk about from time to time. That what we focus on we empower and draw to us, so it is best to focus on the positive. It's SO easy to get caught up in what's wrong (for me, anyway, particularly in the realm of politics). I have to some degree (though not daily) kept my commitment to pray for the whole Congress and not just the team I root for.  Back in my church-going days I used to be bothered by the fact that we only prayed for victims. We never prayed for perpetrators of evil. To my mind, though, those are the people who most need our prayers most. Not that I'm against praying for victims, just when they are the only people we pray for, we seem to me to be skipping over a huge part of what, Christian theology at least, teaches us. The Lord's Prayer which church-goers recite (mostly without thinking about what it means) says "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." I always thought those were words to be spoken with a good deal of careful thought for what they ask.  But I'm rambling. Sorry.



On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
..that when you pray for anyone, you tend to modify
your personal attitude toward them.

Norman Vincent Peale said that, and he touched on
something truly profound. If someone is vexing you
right now, say a prayer for that person. Send them all
of your best energies.

Nothing changes the environment like one person
deciding to love another, no matter what.

Love, Your Friend....
neale




Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, a hint to the Universe that I am open to receiving all sorts of wonderful things.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Crows
  • water
  • my camera
  • Neale Donald Walsh
  • Quilly
  • Strawberry/banana yogurt smoothies
  • indoor plumbing
  • my furnace
  • sunshine
  • Dr. Jim
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • winning the HGTV Dream House
  • a million dollars a year for life from Publisher's Clearinghouse
  • a paid off mortgage
  • winning lottery tickets
  • freshly painted walls in my living room and bedroom
  • a Bose sound system
  • my TV
  • Netflix
  • the ability to read and write
  • reiki
  • angels
  • music
  • Pandora Radio
  • the U.S. mail
  • email
  • my nieces and nephew and their families
  • my computer
  • my microwave oven
  • my mattress
  • sleep
  • hopes
  • dreams
  • imagination
  • laughter
  • beauty
  • life



Have a Lovely Day 
May All Your Thoughts Be Kind

No comments: