Monday, February 14, 2011

Daily Reminder # 259


You can't tell by looking at this, but I worked really hard on it. 
Well, I'm going to use the fact that it's Valentine's Day to be lazy.  Valentine's Day is weird day for me. First off, I'm unmarried and unattached so nobody sends me Valentines. Second, it was my evil brother's birthday (how's that for Divine Irony?), so it carries sisterly affection and sisterly dislike and the confusion that arises from those twin feelings. I'm pretty sure I had my first meeting with my therapist on Valentine's Day too... I know it was on or near my brother's birthday because I was struggling with my feelings about having become estranged from him and what would it be wrong (mixed message) to send him a birthday card or wrong (unkind) not to. I know to most people this would be pretty obvious, but I can't tell you how slow I was to learn some of life's most simple lessons.


This one isn't really a Valentine's song, but I really love it.... 



So, anyway, I hope many of you get or give roses and chocolates and kisses (real and chocolate) and that you feel and know that you are loved. Of course, I wish that for you every day, but the roses and stuff I especially wish for you on Valentine's Day because it's just so much in the air for it to happen that it's kind of like being left out when it doesn't. Or at least that's the way it feels to me even though I have nobody to send me flowers and if they did Angel would destroy them within minutes or die trying. But I'm rambling mindlessly now and wallowing in a puddle of self pity. Sorry. 





Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude - an effort to encourage fast and efficient action by the Universe on my behalf.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my camera
  • music
  • cheese
  • my computer
  • Paint Shop Pro (even if my valentine did come out sucky)
  • the hope of getting my mail tomorrow
  • temperatures in the 30s
  • a lovely warm shower
  • shampoo
  • lovely special soaps
  • my big towel robe
  • my walk-in shower from Del. Opp.
  • clean clothes
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a Bose sound system
  • a million dollars a year for life from PCH
  • winning lottery tickets
  • winning the HGTV Vermont Dream House
  • a sun room at the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bed rooms
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a clothes dryer
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my nieces and my nephew and their families
  • Tara's voice
  • Sam-e
  • my TV
  • channel changers
  • the ability to read and write
  • beauty
  • love
  • Life



 Ella Fitzgerald does a nice version too if you would rather listen to that one.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

2 comments:

The Bug said...

Happy Valentines Day Raven! Thanks for the good wishes - & I wish them for you. Give the kitties an extra nuzzle today (if they'll let you).

There's a 50% chance that I will have some type of Valentine treat when I get home - we don't really take this holiday that seriously :)

Argent said...

We too don't make that much of this day, but we did exchange small gifts this year. It's never too late for love and you never know what might be around the corner. Hope the long shadows of your brother fade in time. I have similarly ambivalent feelings about my dad. I wish you love, both in the giving and getting.