Friday, February 11, 2011

Daily Reminder # 256



First an update on yesterday's snow mountain drama. Both the garbage man and the Schwan's guy stepped over the mountain as though it was nothing. The post office will have none of me, though, so I don't know when I'll get my package from the vitamin store. Hopefully there will be some melting, but it's very cold (MINUS 8 degrees as I type this), so I don't know. I may see if I can get her to deliver my stuff to the neighbors and ask Shannon to bring it to me. We will see. 




Other than that, it was an odd and sort of frustrating day for no real reason. I continue to be awed by the dignity of he Egyptian people. Such huge crowds with such courage and such a willingness to stand for their rights without being violent about it. It is awesome and profound and I think it is where their strength lies, which is why I hope they don't let themselves be tricked into becoming violent. I may be a dreamer but I somehow think these people are going to win. There is something so solid and sure in their stand, so determined. I hope so. They have earned something good and not the same old thing or replacing one dictator with some other form of corruption or brutality.  In any case, I hope that they hold firm to their vision and know that change - even when it is happening - sometimes reveals itself slowly to the heart and eye.



Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude - an effort to inspire the Universe to help me manifest my hopes and dreams.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • snow mountain climbers
  • Schwan's
  • the garbage man
  • heat
  • the Egyptian people
  • peaceful revolution
  • my camera
  • any snow that melts
  • the promise of warmer days this weekend
  • computer games
  • my Bose sound system
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a clothes dryer
  • freshly painted bedroom and living room walls
  • a sun room at the back of my house
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a million dollars a year for life from PCH
  • winning the HGTV Vermont Dream House
  • winning lottery tickets
  • reiki
  • angels
  • music
  • beauty
  • colors
  • the 5 senses
  • indoor plumbing
  • acai berry juice
  • sam-e
  • water
  • my house
  • my cane
  • my red chair
  • legs that still get me from room to room
  • ibuprofen
  • food stamps
  • the ability to read and write
  • my computer
  • paid bills
  • humor
  • laughter
  • life



HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY
TRUST YOUR JOURNEY AND YOUR STRENGTH!

1 comment:

Argent said...

No snow here! In fact, it was quite sunny today. Your kitty pictures are a delight.

I too hope for good things in Egypt and hope they don't get waylaid by fundamentalists.