Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Daily Reminder # 633


The chill of winter continues to hang in the air, but the look of Spring is holding its own, so I guess there's hope still. I've had a tough couple of days. I bought myself a step thingy to help me get into bed but so far it has felt more scary than helpful. I think I may have found a solution, though. I was using a couple of folded up area rugs before and they are about half the height of the plastic step. Last night I tried using the rugs to step onto the step and that feels a little less dangerous, but I'm not sure if I may not just go back to having it be a bit of a climb. The whole thing does kind of mess with my plan to raise the mattresses at some point by putting something else underneath what I have now. I guess I'll figure it out. Being disabled really sucks sometimes. It beats being dead by a long shot and it could be much worse than being wobbly and a bit feeble, so I'm grateful for what I can do. Still, sometimes it feels discouraging.  Then, besides the whole step thing, I paid bills today and somehow I managed to spend a lot more than I realized last month even though I thought I had been spending less. It's the not realizing how much I spent that bothers me most especially because I'm not in a position to do such things. Anyway, this too shall pass. I did actually earn a little money in the past few weeks and the government sent a second HEAP check, so I will focus on that and do my best to be very conscious of spending. I really DID spend the money. So it goes. Tomorrow is another day. Today I am fine. 



Given my state of mind, I thought this message from Neale Donald Walsch (yet again) seemed like a good one to both think about and share.




On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
..that nothing is ever as bleak as it looks. 
Everything, in fact, is a blessing.

I know, I know...that is sometimes very hard to believe. 
How can a suddden, calamitous event in one's life 
be a blessing? It takes a longer view, I know, to see 
this wonderful truth. Even a diagnosis of a terminal 
illness could be seen as another gift from life 
when experienced from a particular perspective.

It is an opportunity for us to express once again, 
at the next highest level, Who We Really Are. And, if it 
turns out that, at the Soul level, we have indeed decided 
to leave our present physicality in this particular way and time, 
that, too, would be an expression of our Highest Self. 
And so, all "calamities" are blessings, not yet understood 
by the Mind. God knew this was a good day for you to hear this...

Love, Your Friend.... 
neale





Some things I am grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to reach out and embrace abundance and the inherent generosity of the Universe, which INTELLECTUALLY, I believe wants every single one of us to be as rich as can be, but which emotionally and by upbringing I have trouble owning with my heart and subconscious mind. My inner child feels like a thief just because she breathes air. I want to somehow teach her to be rich and happy and safe on the earth.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • my furnace
  • HEAP
  • my heavy cape
  • my little wool hat
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • my little coffee maker
  • electricity
  • my microwave
  • granola bars
  • Passion Fruit sherbert
  • paper towels
  • my grabber
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • forsythia
  • beautiful skies
  • the view from my front window
  • the view from my back door
  • my camera
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • PBS
  • the Sci-Fi channel
  • Netflix
  • UPS
  • the US mail
  • Janet, the mail carrier
  • payment for work done
  • my little step thingy (sort of)
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my friends
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • indoor plumbing
  • my mattress
  • blankets, blankets, blankets
  • tingshas
  • the boom box by my bed
  • Pandora radio
  • music
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the human voice
  • sight 
  • taste
  • touch
  • hearing
  • smell
  • lavender
  • sandalwood
  • allspice
  • Miracle Foot Repair Cream
  • resilience
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Healing with the Masters
  • turkey vultures in flight
  • clouds
  • a clothes dryer
  • a new (dutch) front door
  • winning lottery numbers
  • more flowers/landscaping for my back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year
  • paying reiki clients
  • company/companionship
  • Nintendo
  • a whistling vessel gathering
  • a mattress for the back bedroom
  • a gathering/party for my 65th birthday in July
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • SKYPE
  • Google
  • YouTube
  • Computer games
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • breath
  • the human body (even mine)
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • reiki teddy bears
  • my friends
  • company coming tomorrow night
  • kitty hugs
  • that Tara sleeps on me at night
  • that I put payments for all my bills into the mailbox today and hopefully nothing will bounce
  • words
  • literature
  • poetry
  • imagination
  • free stuff (insurance guy coming Wed. to "sell" me something that will be free for me... hmmm)
  • Craig Fergeson
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • Comedy Central
  • crackers
  • Crocs
  • kind people
  • hope
  • inspiration
  • resilience
  • determination
  • laughter
  • love
  • life
WISHING US HAPPY BLESSINGS
AND LOTS OF THEM

No comments: