Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Daily Reminder # 648



Temperatures are still hovering just below 50 degrees here and projected to continue doing so for the rest of the week. I'm really ready for open windows to go with the look of Spring, but I guess I will just have to be patient.  Today was my youngest niece's birthday. My sister's children are all wonderful. Diana, has been gracious enough to never waiver in her love for me despite seeing me at my worst - crying in the bathroom at her sister's wedding because I was "not their mother," struggling to pack up my home of 33 years for the journey to Arizona. I think she accomplished more in a few hours than I did over weeks of effort. Then she drove me across the country. We left my Stuyvesant Town apartment exactly 12 years ago today on her 25th birthday. She had to endure me singing along to a lot of John Denver, but it was a lovely drive. We broke speed records getting there, one overnight and vegetarian picnics along the side of the road. Then she helped me in the process of getting my little house, going through at least one major melt-down with me in the process. At the worst moment - when it looked like everything was going to fall through - she helped me financially. I could go on and on. She's amazing. Her brother and sister are no slouches either. My sister produced magnificent children. Happy Birthday, Diana. Thanks for loving me.




Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, a wish-list hoping to be manifested, an effort to teach myself that it's ok for me to want things and to have them. A work in progress, but hopefully the Creative Forces of the Universe are working on the big ticket items even as I type.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they love me
  • my little house
  • Dr. Jim
  • the telephone
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • PBS
  • Comedy Central
  • the Sci-Fi Channel
  • litter box changed and garbage out
  • the garbage man
  • paper towels
  • my microwave 
  • my little coffee maker
  • coffee and Int'l Delight (exceptionally good today for some reason)
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of the Bose Speakers Diana gave me
  • the joy of singing
  • the human voice
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • SKYPE
  • paint shop pro
  • popcorn with almond milk (haven't tried it yet... Dr. Oz suggested it)
  • my warm robe
  • my little wool hat
  • my heavy cape
  • my camera
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • beauty
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • my body
  • breath
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity for thought
  • that my brain still seems reasonably functional
  • my cane
  • my chair/walker
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • a clothes dryer
  • more flowers/landscaping in the back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH (or a million a year or...)
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • Nintendo
  • Company/companionship
  • a party for my 65th birthday in July
  • one or more whistling vessel gathering
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Healing with the Masters
  • care2.com
  • thehungersite.com
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • Vitamin D-3
  • my new toothbrush
  • computer games
  • my reiki teddy bears
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • matches
  • the smell of white sage
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • coconut oil
  • rechargeable batteries
  • indoor plumbing
  • my grabber
  • kitty hugs
  • animal companions past and present (a special thought for my friend's dog Josie, who died a year ago today. Josie helped rescue Angel. She was a sweet and special dog.)
  • my mattress
  • sleep
  • things I'm forgetting (a lot tonight I think)
  • hope
  • determination
  • resilience
  • words
  • ideas
  • poetry
  • literature
  • creativity
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
WISHING YOU A SPLENDID DAY!


1 comment:

Diana said...

At your worst?? Those were all great times!!! I've had a lovely birthday. Thank you for the birthday thoughts and wishes! I love you!