Thursday, April 05, 2012

Daily Reminder # 635

Not a good photo, but both cats have consistently
ignored this toy which I bought for them about 2 or 3 years
ago, but the new Play-aholic Tara Grace has now become
very fond if it. Go Tara!


Well, the chill in the air continues to hold fast despite the look of Spring outside my windows. Right now it's 28 degrees out. That's just wrong. Still, it was an exciting day (sort of). Now that I'm just a few months away from turning 65, I'm being bombarded by people calling about insurance.  One of them got past my defense system and that turned out to be a good thing. As of next month I will have supplementary insurance at no additional cost to myself that - should I break my pattern and go see a doctor or end up in the hospital, will save me considerable money. I had thought that supplemental insurance was not possible for me, but Delaware County (and maybe NY State) helps those of us at the poverty end of the financial spectrum to get supplemental coverage. I suppose they figure it's makes more sense to make the doctor affordable before you get really sick than after since they will end up paying in either case. Or something like that. Anyway, I'm signed up for the whole Medicare Alphabet now. I'm a real old person. Other than that, it was a kind of quiet day and I don't have much to say. 




Some things I'm grateful for today (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to embrace abundance and open my heart to the idea that the Universe really loves me and wants me to be happy and well cared for. An effort to reach out both to the Creative Forces of the Universe and my own Highest Self.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little coffee maker
  • Coffee and Int'l Delight
  • water
  • Margaret
  • the garbage man
  • my new insurance
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my sweet little house
  • my furnace
  • HEAP
  • weatherization
  • my warm robes
  • the view from my front window
  • the view from my back door
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • Google
  • SKYPE
  • YouTube
  • computer games
  • my camera
  • rechargeable batteries
  • my microwave
  • 4 cheese pasta (really good)
  • Schwans
  • Food Stamps
  • granola bars
  • paper towels
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still get me around with help
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Miracle Foot Repair Cream
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • Pandora Radio
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the sound of the human voice
  • the sound of the Native Flute
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the boom box by my bed
  • whistling vessels
  • Tara's new found love of play
  • Angel's hugs (Angel is a bit baffled by the new Tara)
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • reiki teddy bears
  • a clothes dryer
  • more flowers/landscaping for my back yard
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • a ceiling fan in my bedroom
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH (or a million a year)
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • winning lottery numbers
  • company/companionship
  • a whistle blow
  • a party/gathering for my 65th birthday
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • Nintendo
  • paying reiki clients
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Healing with the Masters
  • care2.com
  • thehungersite.com
  • peppermint
  • lavender
  • all spice
  • the smell of white sage
  • my rock collection
  • beauty in all its forms
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • words
  • poetry
  • literature
  • frineds
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they love me as I love them
  • Spring-ness, even though it's cold outside
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • resilience
  • determination
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • Comedy Centra
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • PBS
  • Craig Fergeson
  • the telephone
  • forsythia
  • daffodils
  • my flowering quince
  • matches
  • funny people
  • breath
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity to think
  • food
  • the sound and feel of a kitty purring in my arms
  • all the things I'm forgetting
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
WISHING YOU A GLORIOUS DAY!

No comments: