Friday, April 13, 2012

Weekly Wordzzle Challenge # 199



We are up to installment 39 (can you believe that!) of Paragon of Virtue, Fred Johnson's adventure in the Kingdom of Sunday, the story that keeps on going and going and going.

Running late yet again.  Got lost in politics at Huffington Post and lost all track of time. I will probably post my exercises tomorrow. Mr. Linky and the new words are available, though,  just in case anybody besides me joins in.


3:30 pm Saturday.  My nose is stuffed up, my muscles ache and my mind is blank. Totally blank. I may have to procrastinate until later tonight or tomorrow. My apologies.


6:10 pm Sunday.  Finally.  Seems to be getting increasingly difficult to do fit words into this story. Maybe because I'm ready to end it, but the words won't let me. Sigh. Such is life. Sorry to be posting so late.


Here are links to the previous episodes.  If you need/want to catch up, click here for the 1st installment, 2nd installment3rd installment4th installment5th installment6th installment7th installment.8th installment9th installment10th installment11th installment12th installment13th installment14th installment15th installment16th installment17th installment, 18th installment19th installment20th installment21st installment22nd installment23rd installment24th installment25th installment26th installment27th installment28th installment29th installment30th installment31st installment32nd installment33rd installment34th installment35th installment36th installment37th installment , 38th installment


Words for this week's 10 word challenge were:   universe, spotlight, sport, respect, level, larger, elsewhere, Utopia, children, silhouette   And for the mini: lines, brooks, celebrate, positive, analysis, shields


My mega:  

"Well", the wizard replied to the artist's question, "though there is reason to be hopeful, we must not celebrate yet. We must engage in careful analysis, check for traps and shields and I think perhaps we should explore elsewhere in this small universe you have so ably created.  Quillard Quake viewed evil as a sport and the larger the number of victims the better in his view. He had no respect for life and would happily level a school full of children for the sheer "joy" of doing so and spotlighting his ability to do so. The larger the death toll, the happier he was. Count Psycho the elder was his most ardent pupil. Their idea of Utopia was a world in which fear reigned and the blood of innocents flowed. They literally fed on grief and pain. So, while I am as hopeful as you that we have found Amanda Purist, we must be positive that no trap has gone un-sprung. Evil of the scale we are facing, brooks no innocent mistakes. I do not mean to defeat hope - only to make sure that we do not let hope defeat us by making us careless. Let's keep looking and make certain we have left - literally - no stone unturned."  As the wizard spoke, the Paragon of Virtue had been making an effort to explore every visible surface in the cave with his eyes and senses and as Wizard Spark finished speaking, he gasped quietly. "Wizard Spark, thank you for your wisdom. Everyone - is it just me or is that the silhouette of a troll on that far wall?


My  mini: 

All eyes turned to the spot to which the Paragon was pointing and after some analysis felt positive that the he was correct. "We must celebrate your keen eye, Paragon. I'm not sure I would have noticed the creature had you not pointed him out. There must be significant magical shields present for him to have escaped my dragon's eye," Paraphrase declared.  "As I recall," she said turning to the Wizard, "the Brooks Big Bully Buster is the spell of choice against trolls, is it not?"


The 10-word: 

"Spot on as always, Paraphrase. My respect for your wisdom and talent grows with every passing hour."  the wizard laughed, "Brooks Big Bully Buster it is. Before we take any action, I think we should spotlight every inch of this cave to make sure our silhouetted friend there has no companions lurking elsewhere in the shadows.  Paragon, I don't believe that Troll spells were included in your education, were they? An oversight on my part. When Paraphrase and I were children, the troll population was much larger. Trolls were part of our every day universe and used to level villages for sport. -By the time I grew to adulthood, a collective of wizards and dragons united together to free ourselves of this blight on our peace and safety. As our communal ethic frowned on extermination of even the most vile species, we chose to exile them to what we hoped would be a Troll Utopia where they could satisfy their need for violence without doing any actual harm. It seems that Quake and Psycho have managed to breech that spell... We must be careful as we proceed that we do not open a door we cannot close.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words for next week's 10-word challenge:  popular, eventually, fire, race, member, package, corpulent, flamboyant, vessels, desperate

And for the mini: lines, fifteen, guess, rearranged, quill, profound


Thanks you for playing.  Newcomers can check here for some guidelines to make the game more fun. There are no rules, just some general guidelines and tricks.



2 comments:

The Bug said...

This is making me think of the troll in Harry Potter - I hope this one is easier to take care of!

Raven said...

I forgot all about that Harry Potter troll. I hope he's easier to take care of too.