Friday, June 11, 2010

Daily Reminder # 15


"Follow your bliss," Joseph Campbell advised. Listening to him talk you know that he lived his own advice. Anybody who hasn't been fortunate enough to watch the 1988 series of six interviews called the Power of Myth (available for instant viewing from Netflix) that Bill Moyers did with the late Joseph Campbell really should make it a point to do so. Campbell, who was a professor of anthropology and mythology was an inspiration. Those six conversations he had with Bill Moyers expanded my universe and opened my mind to many new ideas. They are wonderful.

I found this video on YouTube with a number of Campbell quotes. Each one of them is profound - like a tome in a sentence. I hope you enjoy it and are inspired by it.




Well that's it for today. Discover Joseph Campbell. The man is so brilliant but beyond that he is a man who radiates joy and excitement about living and thinking and discovering ideas. He's an inspiration. I love Bill Moyers too. I'm so glad that PBS made them available to me.

Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • Joseph Campbell
  • Ideas
  • Bill Moyers
  • Public Television
  • the internet
  • cool nights
  • birds, bees and bunnies


No comments: