Friday, June 04, 2010

Daily Reminder # 8

My niece Diana bought this plaque for me. If there were an Olympic event for worry, I'd have a shot at the gold. I spend a lot of time worrying about money and whether I can pay my bills. I usually manage. I have too much money on my credit cards but worrying about it doesn't change anything. I worry about my health sometimes. Some ache or twitch turns into a fatal disease and my days are numbered. But then the next day I'm still here. I'm working at living more in the present... the actual moment. And if the moment happens to find me standing in some proverbial mud puddle, I try to remember that I'm still here and that mud has its uses, that the same proverbial rain that made the proverbial mud, waters the proverbial grass. And when I'm good, I remember my favorite mantra that I learned from Alan Cohen back about 7 years ago: "Thank you for everything. I have no complaints whatsoever." (It really IS life changing when you practice it. I don't worry about whether I "feel" it, I just say it over and over and it really does shift things.)

So that's what I've got for today. What me worry? Thank you for everything... even that pesky worry, I guess. I have no complaints whatsoever.



Some things I'm grateful for today:




HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!

1 comment:

Argent said...

I love that plaque - I think I need one hung round my neck. I'll have to try the mantra. The author the Dilbert cartoons, Scott Adams, does a thing called affirmations where you say something you want like 'I will stop worrying about money' 15 times a day every day and he reckons it works. I'm grate ful for:
Hot water
Lemon & Lime flavour chewing gum
Wordzzles (me too!)
My friends
It's nearly the weekend!

These are great posts of yours.