Friday, June 25, 2010

Daily Reminder # 29




Hugs are among life's most profound treasures.

It's been a long couple of days. The elderly man who I've been reiki-ing had his leg amputated today. This threw me back in time somewhat to doctors asking me to amputate my mother's leg. I chose not to do so. Maybe I'm repeating myself. I apologize if I am. Last night was hot and humid and I didn't sleep well. Then I spent 5 hours doing reiki today. On the up side, G - the man who had his leg taken - was aware enough to agree to the procedure and has handled it surprisingly well so far. That he gave permission made me feel better about the whole thing. I know it wasn't my decision, but the whole thing has just thrown me back in time in some way.


So I'm tired. Really tired. Thank goodness for kitty hugs. Angel is one of the best huggers in the hugging business. Tara doesn't like to be held and doesn't do hugs, but she does do excellent head butts, which have their own charm. Sometimes, though, a hug is what's needed. Sometimes a hug and a nap is all that will do. Today was one of those days.


Today I'm grateful for:

  • hugs
  • head butts
  • cheese
  • naps
  • my legs


No comments: