Friday, June 03, 2011

Daily Reminder # 368


In terms of weather, it was a magnificently beautiful day today. Glorious. Down from nearly 90 degrees yesterday, it was a lovely, breezy 60... kind of like early September after August. Strange weather. Despite that, the back yard was very quiet... and I didn't spend much time at the back door. George (the chipmunk bird) came by but even he didn't hang out long. I'm starting to get a complex. My feeders sat empty while next door... they were hanging on in multiples.




The gold finches did come by. That was nice. Angel and Tara are enjoying not wanting (I'm projecting) to have their fur shaved off or something, anything to not be so uncomfortable.... I was just happy to have sun and cool breezes and I look forward to sleeping tonight without feeling melty and miserable. Life is good again. And I'm very pleased with myself because I have a new mean joke about Regressives (aka Republicans).  I was commenting on an article about Michelle Bachmann who has apparently been given the OK by God to run for President. Someone said something about Jesus talking to her... and I'm pretty sure Bachmann said it was God (as opposed to Jesus) so I started to write that and then it struck me that Jesus'  Father is the political advisor in Republican religion. They have been known to ask the old "What would Jesus do?" question... and so there's a Jesus association, but I suddenly realize that they never said why they ask and it occurred to me that they ask what would Jesus do so that they can make sure they do the exact opposite.  I know it's a bit of a mean crack (and long-winded), but I think it's actually kind of true. In any case, I am amused by myself.  Now on to pictures and gratitude.









Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude - an effort to convince the Universe that it should grant my wishes and allow me to be grateful without worrying about being homeless or unable to pay the bills.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • lovely cool air and blue skies
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • laughter
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • Margaret
  • groceries
  • Schwans
  • my camera
  • Netflix
  • coffee and International Delight
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my back door
  • my back yard
  • bird feeders (mine and my neighbors')
  • ear phones
  • indoor plumbing
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • that I can still sort of walk
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • cleaner house
  • the garbage man
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • having the Universe grant these wishes
  • a truck load of money
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • a paid off mortgage
  • winning lottery numbers
  • Nintendo
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • the internet
  • my computer
  • Greatergood.com
  • my microwave
  • cheese
  • food
  • my refrigerator
  • my kitchen
  • my sense of humor
  • mail
  • my SSD
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • birds and critters
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • Dr. Bronner's soaps
  • digital photography
  • that even though I sometimes want to throw something at my TV I haven't done so yet
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • words
  • music
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • breath
  • bird songs
  • variety
  • laughter
  • resilience
  • hope
  • the capacity to change
  • life

WISHING YOU A DELIGHTFUL DAY!

No comments: