Friday, June 10, 2011

Daily Reminder # 375


Well, it was a thoroughly MISERABLE day here in Hancock. The kind of day when you wonder if maybe death wouldn't be such a bad thing after all... It was over 90 degrees and HUMID before 9:00 am. It did not improve even a little until late afternoon when it rained and  shaved some degrees but no humidity off the day. That said, we lived. Margaret came and so the bird feeders are full again and the hummingbird feeder has clean sugar water. And there were visitors. A flighty bunch. Greedy George or one of his cousins spent some time. I think Greedy George has figured out how to eat the seed from the feeder next door as I saw him hanging there a number of times. Chipmunks. So cute. So absurdly greedy. I think George has gained so much weight that he can't manage my feeder any more. But he has been replaced. Other than that, the day granted me (though I didn't get pictures of them all) a hummingbird, the Grosbeaks, goldfinches, a blue jay, a catbird, a cardinal, a couple of chickadees, some sparrows and what I think is a purple martin. Plus the woodchuck dropped by. Everybody was very wet. It was nice to have them back even if it was miserably hot. It was a good distraction.  I was very tired so my picture taking is a bit off, but I'm going to post a lot of them anyway, just for the joy of sharing.

One more bite and I think his cheeks might have exploded.
I ask you all to please pray for my friend Sara and he husband Henry. Chemo has not been working. She is being moved to a hospice. Her spirits are apparently pretty good, which is nice. I haven't heard from the friend for whom I write these reminders, so if you could hold her in your hearts too, I know she will feel it and be blessed. Send some cool breezes to Angel and Tara too, if you think of it. They are utterly miserable. Makes me glad I don't have fur and that I have access to water and a wet washcloth for the top of my head or the back of my neck. Makes a difference.






















Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude expressed with the hope that, hearing my appreciation, the creative forces of the Universe will be moved to say to themselves... "did we ever get that truckload of money or the clothes dryer to Raven (aka Katherine)?... We'd better get moving on that.")

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my bird feeder
  • seed for the bird feeder
  • Margaret
  • my camera
  • FANS!!!
  • Wet wash clothes
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • coffee and International Delight
  • groceries
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • computer games
  • ear phones
  • indoor plumbing
  • ordinary miracles
  • rain
  • Netflix
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • Nintendo
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • the granting of these wishes
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a clothes dryer
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • magic
  • hope
  • birds 
  • chipmunks
  • woodchucks
  • water
  • cheese
  • Fritos
  • lemonade
  • my SSD
  • my rock collection
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my red chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that I can still get around with the help of the two items above
  • words
  • poetry
  • books
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the ability to think
  • ideas
  • laughter
  • forgiveness
  • compassion
  • sight
  • sound
  • smell
  • taste
  • touch
  • people
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • my electric tooth brush
  • toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • my teeth
  • ice
  • paper towels
  • witch hazel
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • resilience
  • the ability (sometimes) to think myself out of things
  • my refrigerator
  • my microwave
  • ideas
  • laughter
  • life
WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL DAY 
and wishing us all comfortable temperatures 
on whichever side of the globe we inhabit.

1 comment:

quilly said...

Prayers offered for your friends. I am also loving your pics in these last three posts. That chipmunk is especially cute!