Friday, June 17, 2011

Daily Reminder # 382


It was an odd mix of good and disappointing at the back door today. A good lesson in gratitude in a way. Margaret was here and filled the feeders for me so of course I anticipated a host of exciting birds flocking happily to my feeder. What I got was a couple of woodchucks, one sparrow, a couple of pine siskins, several chipmunk birds, a brief visit from a gold finch who - very unhappy about the chipmunk bird - flew away complaining loudly, a short mid-yard visit from the mourning dove and end of the yard bunny. A less greedy person would think that was a pretty cool day, but of course I'm still struggling with feeder envy. My neighbor's feeder was once again covered in birds, as many as 7 at a time, including red-headed sparrows, cardinals, blue jays, purple martins... Well, you get the idea.  Pictures and gratitude tonight. That's all I've got... I am glad she gets so many birds. Her feeder, after all inspired me to get mine and I get to see the birds who visit her. So I tried to remember to give thanks for that. And to give thanks for the birds and critters that do visit... and those that might. I'm a work in progress. Fat cheeked chipmunks really are cute. They are so unashamedly greedy, that they make me laugh.

This little piglet eats down about an inch an hour from
the feeder. I love the enormous cheeks, but I wish he
would stop being quite such a total glutton.
Look at those cheeks!!!
He was not pleased with Greedy George either. Usually, a silent type,
he had quite a lot to say before flying off.

Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude - an effort to inspire extreme generosity towards me (well more extreme, since it's already pretty generous) by the creative forces of the Universe and the hasty granting of wishes, hopes and dreams.)

Next door at the cool feeder, they were 7 deep.
I'm trying not to be envious, but it's hard.
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my camera
  • the bird feeders
  • birds, chipmunks, woodchucks
  • roses
  • cool breezes
  • coffee and International Delight
  • grapes
  • nectarines
  • Margaret
  • the smell of white sage
  • matches
  • my refrigerator
  • Sci-fi
  • strawberry/banana yogurt smoothies
  • Petfooddirect.com
  • google
  • paper towels
  • toilet paper
  • indoor plumbing
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the garbage man 
  • litter changed and garbage out (forgot that last night)
  • Netflix
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a clothes dryer
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • changing these red items to black
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • the US mail
  • email
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • getting up earlier
  • naps
  • cheese
  • my friends
  • a visit from Shannon
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • that I can still hobble from room to room
  • Sam-e
  • Ibuprofen
  • Omega-3
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitacost.com
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • electricity
  • words
  • poetry
  • beauty
  • art
  • my rock collection
  • the joy of singing
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • ideas
  • resilience
  • inspiration
  • passion
  • compassion
  • kindness
  • laughter
  • hope
  • love
  • life

WISHING YOU A DELIGHTFUL DAY!

No comments: