Monday, June 06, 2011

Daily Reminder # 371


Only clouds for company in the back yard today. Very quiet day. Of course the little stinkers start chirping away the second I leave the back door, but such is life. 


I thought I'd let Neale Donald Walsh do the work again this evening. The theme tonight is one I have a tough time with sometimes. What's the difference between positive thinking and delusion or avoidance. I'm big on avoidance. It's how I live and ignore some the real issues that I really ought to deal with. I don't know that I'm so much engaging in positive thinking, though. Anyway, I thought this was good food for thought.




On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
...that positive thinking does 
not mean turning into an ostrich.

Burying your head in the sand in 
the name of "staying positive" is not a good 
strategy. Wearing blinders rather than looking 
right at what's going on right now is not 
the way to create your vision for tomorrow. 

Sculptors have to look at the block and 
begin cutting parts of it away before their vision  
emerges in the marble. Look directly at the 
block if you want to  create the art.  

Love, Your Friend.... 
neale



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude - an attempt to convince the Universe that it should deliver to me that for which I have thanked it.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my camera
  • clouds
  • Netflix
  • my house
  • open windows
  • mild temperatures
  • watermelon
  • lemon sherbert
  • my microwave
  • cheese
  • pasta
  • water
  • indoor plumbing
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • a clothes dryer
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • winning lottery numbers
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • delivery on these hopes
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • beauty
  • taste 
  • touch
  • smell
  • sight
  • hearing
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my back yard
  • my back door
  • coffee and International Delight
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • Tara's grumbling noise
  • Angel's hugs
  • my mattress
  • sleep
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • that I can still sort of walk
  • ear phones
  • the joy of singing
  • words
  • poetry
  • light and shadow
  • books
  • laughter
  • my nieces, my  nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Quilly's Punny Monday
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to think
  • the ability to express myself in writing
  • the ability to type
  • Neale Donald Walsh
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Ibuprofen
  • IP-6
  • Sam-e
  • kitties that sleep with me at night
  • crocs
  • paper towels
  • laughter
  • a sense of humor
  • that Sarah Palin's stupidity outweighs her ambition
  • electricity
  • my flowering quince (even after it has bloomed)
  • resilience
  • denial and stubborn-ness
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • ideas
  • the world
  • human creativity
  • passion
  • compassion
  • love
  • life

Wishing You a Glorious Day
and Clarity of Vision

1 comment:

Crosby Kenyon said...

Sometimes it is much easier to not look directly at that which we should.