Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Daily Reminder # 394



Well, despite my dire expectations, it wasn't a bad day. Most of what was done wrong was fixed and they will come back at some point and finish the last bit. Except for not having electric (no computer, no TV.... eeek) for 6 hours, it was a reasonably pleasant day. Luckily it stayed on the cool side so the absence of fans wasn't a problem. It was a little tense at first, but Mr. Powell came and talked through the issues with Dominic. He just brought one assistant with him today - an interesting young man heading into his senior year in college, who loves China and has traveled there several times already in his young life. He is learning Chinese and wants to go to Tibet. He's heading to China again in August.  So, except for some anxiety about doors opening unattended and my initial fear of confrontation, it ended up being a very pleasant day. As for the doors, it's one of those cosmic jokes that the Universe seems to enjoy. Agoraphobic woman lives in a house where none of the doors want to close properly. How's that for irony? Or something.




Another nice thing about the day was that Tara spent a lot of time with me. Much head butting was done between naps... and I got some pictures. She does have some kind of camera voodoo. So hard to get a good photo of her. 




Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to sway the Creative forces of the Universe into hearing and answering my hopes and prayers.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my house
  • Jeff Powell
  • a non-confrontational day
  • electricity
  • upgraded electricity
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • computer games
  • matches
  • the smell of white sage
  • my new walker/chair
  • my cane
  • that my legs still get me from room to room even if it hurts
  • fans
  • my refrigerator
  • lemonade
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a clothes dryer
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a paid off mortgage
  • Nintendo
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • changing red items to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my reiki bear
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • Delaware Opportunities
  • Netflix
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Ibuprofen
  • tiger lilies 
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • interesting people
  • ideas
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • poetry
  • words
  • resilience
  • paper towels
  • my kitchen
  • my rock collection
  • things of beauty
  • colors
  • my mattress
  • dreams
  • sleep
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy 
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • kindness
  • imagination
  • Jon Stewart
  • laughter
  • hope
  • learning
  • compassion
  • kitty hugs
  • kitty head butts
  • inspiration
  • breath
  • love
  • life



May Our Reality Always Rise Above Our Expectations
And May We All Learn to Expect Great Things

1 comment:

ut fire systems said...

I make sure that i fed all the supplements he needs. Yours looks very healthy.