Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Daily Reminder # 386


Mostly just gratitude this evening. It was a very long day. People came to the house and sawed and hammered and thumped. I have a new back door, a cool new Angel gate, a wider bathroom door and the saddle bump into the bedroom is gone, making access easier. Even by my bad housekeeping standards, the place is a mess. They left a lot of stuff messy and not quite finished. (They are coming back to do electric at an as yet unspecified date in the near future and will presumably finish up some of the unfinished odds and ends.)  Still, it's frustrating sometimes when people who can walk don't realize that moving something across a room and not putting it back is a BIG deal for someone like me. There's also some kind of stupid requirement about adding smoke and radon detectors, which would be fine except I already had one and the weatherizing people added one, so now there are like 4 or 5 and they are ugly and just kind of stuck on the wall. But that's me being tired, I think. The back door seems nice though I haven't sat there. I'm still anxious with the loss of my red chair. The one I'm using now seems is different, seems less solid to me (which is partly because the last one I sat on collapsed, I suppose) and I just feel like an appendage has been amputated and replaced by a shorter one. So, anyway, not the best day. Nor the worst. Good things happened. I'll sleep and it will all seem better, I hope.  I've been watching Glee on Netflix. I just love it. I usually resist shows that are really popular but curiosity got the better of me and now I'm hooked.





Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to persuade the Universe that it really wants me to be very rich and have a clothes dryer and Nintendo and flowers before I die... way before I die....)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Delaware Opportunities
  • new doors and gates
  • water
  • coffee and International Delight
  • UPS
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • 60s rock
  • Glee
  • Netflix
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • my camera
  • my cane
  • the red chair/walker replacement chair
  • that I can still get from room to room
  • clean clothes
  • interesting people
  • email
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • lemon sherbet
  • watermelon
  • cheese
  • a Bose sound system
  • Nintendo
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and dining rooms
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning lottery numbers
  • turning red items to black
  • Angel's voice
  • Tara's head butts
  • my back yard
  • my house
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • fans
  • electricity
  • poetry
  • words
  • communication
  • my friends
  • sunshine
  • blue skies
  • cool breezes
  • YouTube
  • google
  • ideas
  • learning new things
  • indoor plumbing
  • good changes
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Ibuprofen
  • soap
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • toothpaste (Colgate total)
  • my kitchen
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • surprises
  • computer games
  • inspiration
  • hope
  • resilience
  • laughter
  • life

Wishing You Joy!

No comments: