Saturday, June 11, 2011

Daily Reminder # 376



Well, I'm posting this Daily Reminder VERY VERY VERY late. I don't have much to say. Tired, cranky and in the grips of the blahs. Thought I'd do gratitude and share this Colbert clip on the subject of "fracking." It's particularly important to me since the area where I live on the still pristine Delaware River has been targeted by the gas industry for devastation. They are spending millions trying to dupe the poor (literally) people in these communities and nearby Pennsylvania (which has succumbed with tragic consequences) into the belief that there's easy money and no consequences. Both are untrue. Fracking is a boom/bust activity and besides polluting some of the best water in the country holds the potential to damage local economies in the long term while providing - maybe - a short term burst for some citizens.




Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to entice the Universe to do my will.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • good water
  • voices against fracking
  • Stephen Colbert
  • humor
  • Jon Stewart
  • laughter
  • my camera
  • fans, ceiling and floor
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • my mattress
  • a wet wash cloth on my head
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my refrigerator
  • coffee and International Delight
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • a clothes dryer
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • granting of the red wishes
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • Nintendo
  • my rock collection
  • email
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • my friends
  • compassion
  • ideas
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to think
  • google! (how did I live without it?)
  • the ability to type
  • words
  • wordzzles (still have to write mine)
  • birds, bees and critters
  • my back yard
  • my back door
  • sight
  • hearing
  • smell
  • taste
  • touch
  • my red chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that I can still get from room to room
  • reiki
  • angels
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • inspiration
  • imagination
  • hope
  • resilience
  • life


HAVE A GREAT DAY!

No comments: