Thursday, August 04, 2011

Daily Reminder # 428



Just gratitude and kitties today. We had a strange adventure last night. The smoke detector went off (at 2 am, of course) but there was no smoke or radon. One thing Delaware Opportunities did was make this the most smoke and radon detector protected residence in the state.  It went off a second time about 20 minutes later. I was afraid it was the battery. When I went to bed the red light was blinking but then it stopped and it's all quiet now. My new theory is that a bug flew or crawled into it... ???  In any case, I have visions of it going off again. Of course it is out of reach on the ceiling so hopefully it won't go off again any time soon. Once they finish the work and do the inspection, I'm going to ask my friends to take it off the ceiling for me. I'll keep batteries in it, but that way it won't be a potential crisis hanging over my bed.  For a chronic worrier, potential crises hanging over the bed are just fodder for the inner demons. My inner demons don't really need any extra material. They could torment millions with the material they use on me. Angel didn't take all the buzzer too well, either. She is very need (and kneady) today.  Tara is never phased by anything but efforts to touch her after she comes and asks you to.  But anyway, considering I said I was just going to do gratitude, this is a rather long intro.











Some things I'm grateful for today:  (items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to entice the Creative Forces of the Universe to create good things on my behalf because I have already thanked them for it.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Margaret
  • groceries
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • clean litter box & garbage out
  • the garbage man
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with the help of the above
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my fans
  • that it is pleasantly cool today
  • indoor plumbing
  • my house
  • ear phones
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my telephone
  • email
  • electricity
  • a lovely shower
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • peanut butter cookies
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the ability to think
  • Google
  • YouTube
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • paid off mortgage
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • Nintendo
  • a clothes dryer
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning lottery numbers
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • beauty
  • my rock collection
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • sight
  • hearing
  • the joy of singing
  • the sound of a purring kitty
  • the aroma of white sage
  • birds
  • bees (they are around again, but seem very small, like midget bees... but at least they are here)
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • laughter
  • words
  • poetry
  • art
  • personal treasures
  • photos
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy and successful
  • Netflix
  • determination
  • resilience
  • ibuprofen
  • creativity
  • inspiration
  • creative people
  • President Obama (Happy Birthday...or was it yesterday?)
  • democracy even when it is disfunctional
  • compassion
  • generosity
  • kindness
  • love
  • life
WISHING YOU A GRAND AND GLORIOUS DAY
With No Alarms - explained or mysterious - going off


No comments: