Monday, August 22, 2011

Daily Reminder # 440


Well, it seems like I have been away from the Daily Reminders and the back door forever and not just 6 days and in some ways it has been forever in nature's world. My busy back porch has become a rather lonesome place and all my visitors seem extra skittish. Not a sparrow in sight last night or this morning and only a lone blue jay. Across the street there were lots of flickers and the Brewers blackbirds. Their white eyes make them look very fierce to me but they are actually more anxious and jumpy than most of the other birds. In any case, there are leaves changing already as though Fall is in a big hurry to descend on us. My friend's father - an old farmer (her words), who she says is almost always right -  told her it's going to be a very cold winter with lots of snow. I sure hope he's wrong.



In any case, it's nice to be feeling much better. Still struggling with an issue or two but I feel like a person again. I thought I'd let Neale Donald Walsh contribute to today's return to reminder-hood. This is good advice, though I find it pretty hard to follow. The wounds of yesterday sometimes seem embedded in my bones like an infection I can't quite cure.  

On this day of your life, dear friend,
 I believe God wants you to know...
...that yesterday is a canceled check; tomorrow is a
promissory note; today is the only cash you have; so
spend it wisely.

Kay Lyons said that, and it is so very, very accurate.
What are you doing today? Are you putting energy
into the world that advances your life dream, that
empowers your life mission, that fuels your life
purpose?

You know exactly why you received this message 
just now.
Love, Your Friend.... 
neale






Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to inspire extra generosity from the Creative Forces of the Universe on my behalf... I most especially would like them to manifest a truckload of money, a clothes dryer and a ceiling fan in my bedroom, though that last one now could wait until next year.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • feeling better
  • chocolate soy silk
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • Vitamin D-3
  • water
  • IP-6
  • my computer
  • my camera
  • my house
  • my back door
  • my back yard
  • birds
  • chipmunks
  • squirrels
  • toy mice
  • beautiful Fall weather (even if it's early)
  • friends
  • neighbors
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • my niece Diana's husband-ish John on his birthday
  • sunshine
  • breezes
  • blue skies
  • fluffy white clouds
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • a clothes dryer
  • a truckload of money
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • Nintendo
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a paid off mortgage
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • ear phones
  • Dr. Jim (vacationing!)
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity for change
  • mail
  • email
  • SSD
  • food in my refrigerator
  • my refrigerator
  • my kitchen
  • my bathroom
  • indoor plumbing
  • coconut oil
  • my electric tooth brush
  • toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • the aroma of white sage
  • the feel of a kitty's fur
  • NY's great drinking water
  • the capacity to heal
  • resilience
  • determination
  • Netflix
  • ideas
  • words
  • poetry
  • the hope of an end to fighting in Libya
  • kindness
  • PBS
  • computer games
  • inspiration
  • creativity
  • laughter
  • love
  • hope
  • life

WISHING YOU A DAY OF NEW HOPE AND RENEWAL

1 comment:

Argent said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better today. That message from Mr Walsh is on the money today, but the past does cast a long shadow sometimes, doesn't it? It's not that easy to shake it off (I find, anyway). Just know that there are some other people on the planet, at least, who are glad they met you as you are now, regardless of what others have thought/said about you in the past.