Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Daily Reminder # 442


 Well, late again. It's another glorious early Fall in August day.  I didn't feel yesterday's earthquake but my niece in North Carolina felt the rumbles. Pretty amazing. I heard a weather guy explain that on the East Coast there's one solid fault line (something like that) which is why a quake is felt over a long distance and in California there are lots of little broken up fault lines so the quakes are experienced differently. Got me to thinking about our inner fault lines, how there are wounds to our spirits that touch us so deeply to our core that we feel them across every aspect of our life and being. I found some alternative descriptions on Google, but I'm going with the Soul ar Energy and Daily OM : The East on the on the Native American medicine wheel is about illumination and about balancing the physical and spiritual.  Those of who carry these deep fault lines - things like sexual or profound emotional abuse - have a hard time navigating our lives. The damage radiates into every aspect of our being.  The West on the Wheel (Daily OM)  is the place of darkness and introspection. (My analogy is kind of tanking right now, especially because it's late and I'm trying to rush.)  The inner life quakes of the west do their damage in fragmented ways. They are both easier and more difficult to deal with, I suppose, though when they combine with East quakes, they deepen those wounds and make them more slippery to cope with. I think I'm not making any sense. My inner demons have been partying of late.  It feels like the whole world is in the grips of physical and emotional quakes, so me good, some frightening. I hope the big storm that's aiming at the East Coast somehow finds another path that will not do any harm.  I keep thinking my therapist picked a really good time to leave the country. He's missing an earthquake and a big bad storm. Good planning. Anyway, just some random brain doodles from me today and of course my gratitude list.


Late addition:  One thing I realized I forgot to say about our inner earth quakes... They are also creators. They sometimes bring to the surface riches that have been hidden, problems that need to be solved. They are scary. They can be painful.  But they can also be destructive creation/creative destruction. Maybe.












Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to convince the Creative Forces of the Universe that they have forgotten to provide me with my clothed dryer and my truckload of money and that they had better get right on correcting their mistake.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Perfect Fall days in August
  • no earth quake here
  • water
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • Google
  • email
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • chocolate soy silk
  • Cheerios
  • Netflix
  • blogger
  • my camera
  • birds at the back door
  • my little house
  • my back yard
  • my back door
  • chipmunks
  • kitty hugs
  • toy mice
  • purrs
  • a clothes dryer
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • winning lottery numbers
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • Nintendo
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • seeing the red list turn to black (Listening Angels?)
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my electric tooth brush
  • Listerine
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Ibuprofen
  • resilience
  • determination
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still shuffle me around with help
  • music
  • ear phones
  • Pandora radio
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • eyes to see
  • ears to hear
  • hands and touch
  • a nose and sense of smell
  • a tongue and the ability to taste
  • Crocs
  • computer games
  • the smell of white sage
  • matches
  • telephones
  • SKYPE
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • my neighbors
  • my mattress
  • memory foam
  • hope of liberation in Lybia and elsewhere
  • words
  • poetry
  • great writers
  • dreams
  • hope
  • inspiration
  • laughter
  • love
  • life

Wishing You a Blessed Day
of Wounds Healed
and Love Given

No comments: