Friday, June 29, 2012

Belated Daily Reminder # 700


Wasn't feeling well last night when I went to bed and am still kind of weary this morning. It is hot and humid here again, so I'm feeling very whiny and miserable. It could be worse. If I had slept better last night it would probably not feel as oppressive as it does. I think it's more tiredness than the weather that is making me whiny. Angel has a bump on her side. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get the vet to look at her after the holiday has passed. I think I'll skip the gratitude list today. I AM grateful... for my home for the fans, for iced tea and a damp cloth on my neck and a lot of other things.



 I did watch a superlative movie last night: THE READER.  I love movies the explore the complexity of good and evil and human emotions.  This was one of those Netflix movies that sat on my desk for a couple of weeks before I got myself to put it into the DVD drive and watch it. I'm not sure what I was expecting. Anyway, I highly recommend it.  Humans seem to always want everything to be simple. This person is good. This person is evil. I love this person. I hate this person. We are just much too complex and the wounds of the human spirit sometimes make good people act in ways that are wicked.  Anyway, I highly recommend the movie. I thought the performances were superlative.


                                                                                                                                                                                           
I think that's it for today. Not a very good effort, but all that I have in me.  On top of everything else, I'm having ant phobia. It's just my hair falling out of the clip, but I keep thinking I'm being crawled on. It's really a good idea to make sure you get enough sleep.  At least with me, my judgment is much better and my ability to cope with things is much better when I am not hours short of the proper quota.  Eleven days until I'm officially old.


May the Day be Kind to You

No comments: