Monday, June 04, 2012

Daily Reminder # 676


Another chilly day, including rain. The back yard was generous, though.  I'm going to let the young woodchuck have the day solo because he or she is just so darned adorable.  I was just about to give up for the day... had stood up to go give the girls their dinner and had to sit right back down and take a bunch of pictures because the little one came right up by the house. Yippee!  




I've been watching reruns of ANGEL - the old series about a vampire with a soul.  It's well performed and well written - comic and dramatic at the same time - and the vampire (David Boreanaz) is hunky.  Like Anne Rice's books, it deals with the complexity of morality of good and evil, redemption and so on.  I know that I'm a good person - except for all the parts of me that don't know it. I have spent too much of my life demanding a kind of super human perfection of myself, condemning myself for the crime of being human. Am I good? Mostly.  Are we all good? Mostly. Some more than others. I believe that most of the darkness in people stems from woundedness that in its own way is reaching out for love. When that wounded-ness is aimed at the rest of us, it usually targets some matching or parallel wound. In the end grand scheme of things that's probably a Divine gift, but it seldom feels like it. It's a great place to pull out the Thank You for Everything mantra and toss it around and to try and find - gently and with self-love - the inner antidote.  




Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to embrace my inner manifestor and to get the Creative Forces of the Universe to embrace her too.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • coffee and International Delight
  • granola bars
  • blueberries
  • water
  • the telephone
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the sound of the human voice
  • the boom box by my bed
  • my mattress
  • sleep
  • my giant newer TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my camera
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • baby (young) woodchucks
  • chipmunks
  • sparrows
  • Netflix
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Coconut oil
  • V-8 Splash
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • my electric toothbrush
  • toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • paper towels
  • indoor plumbing
  • Nintendo
  • more flowers/landscaping in my back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a cheap, safe way to hook up the dryer
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • company/companionship
  • more paying reiki clients
  • a gathering of people I love for my 65th birthday
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Healing with the Masters
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity for thought
  • the capacity for change
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • kind neighbors
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • beauty
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • white sage
  • my warm robe (yep... that chilly)
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • the tapping for $50,000 lady
  • my microwave
  • my kitchen
  • poetry
  • literature
  • words
  • imagination
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • determination
  • resilience
  • light and shadow
  • bird seed (aka chipmunk seed)
  • my body
  • breath
  • my heart
  • my brain
  • open windows
  • fresh air (even if it IS chilly)
  • whatever I've forgotten
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
Wishing You a Day of Love, Joy and Wonders

2 comments:

Argent said...

I used to Love Angel. Joss Weedon is a terrific writer. We all need to learn to accept ourselves, cherish the good and work on the bad without constantly beating ourselves up about it the whole time. A lesson I need to internalise.

Frida said...

I too like Angel a lot. What a cute little fellow you have here :-)