Thursday, June 07, 2012

Daily Reminder # 680


Paid bills today. Always a relief until I realize that all the money is already gone and there are still more bills to deal with. This is a water bill month, which is always distressing, but on the other hand it's a water bill month in which I got a little money for reiki so even though there's not quite enough for the water bill, it's not due until next month and I have a portion of it available already. Could be worse. Also began exploring something I would not have thought of before. Maybe merging my line of credit and my mortgage to lower my monthly expenses.  If I can do it, it would save me $80 or more every month. The mortgage interest would go up slightly, but the line of credit would go way down. Right now I have a little bit more debt than they think would work for me to qualify, but maybe in a year or so I will be able to do it. Or not.  I'm not 100% sure it's a good idea, so I'm OK with not being able to do it right now. If it is meant to be, it will work out.  It's interesting to me that my neighbor  told me she was going to put me in touch with a woman who does budget and nutrition counseling through Delaware Opportunities.  I may   ask her what she thinks about the idea.  




Today's photo opportunities were considerably curtailed by the fact that Big Orange Cat has decided she loves my porch. She is totally unmoved by my thumping on the door, opening it and asking her to go away or anything else I have tried. I am - to put it politely - beneath her notice. Scarface - needless to say - has strong opinions about BOC and voices them at great and chattery length.  Her presence certainly makes it hard to get visitors to my porch, though one of the adult woodchucks ambled around for a while to keep it from being a total photo drought.  And there were a few visitors before her arrival. 





Hard to believe that in 32 days, I will be 65. In some ways I feel about 185, but in other ways, my emotional age ranges between 3, 6 and 24... or something like that. Age is such a strange thing. Not at all what we are taught to expect.  









Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an search for my inner rich girl and an effort to let myself speak and acknowledge some of my hopes and dreams as well as an effort to encourage the Creative Forces to shower me with love and bounty.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • Coffee and Int'l Delight
  • lemon poppy seed muffins
  • granola bars
  • water
  • Margaret
  • EISEP
  • enough money to pay my bills (mostly)
  • a little extra
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • YouTube
  • Google
  • SKYPE
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • open windows
  • my warm robe (it was a touch chilly but I love having the windows open)
  • paper towels
  • electricity
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • my teeth
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • my cane
  • my chair/walker
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • Craig Fergeson
  • funny people
  • my grabber
  • the telephone
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Coconut oil
  • my alarm clock (Thursday is an early day)
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • my kitchen
  • my microwave
  • Netflix
  • the US mail and Janet the letter carrier
  • the garbage man and the extra steps he takes every week
  • pulse meds for Tara Grace and that she ate this morning's dose - not sure about the first one last night
  • Angel hugs
  • Pandora radio
  • music
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the human voice
  • my AWESOME Bose speakers that Diana gave me
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • an affordable way to hook the dryer up
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a gathering of those I love on my 65th birthday next month
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or any large sum
  • more flowers/landscaping for my back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • more paying reiki clients
  • Nintendo
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a paid off mortgage
  • company/companionship
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Healing with the Masters
  • chipmunks and birds and woodchucks
  • tingshas
  • indoor plumbing
  • lavender
  • white sage
  • allspice
  • SSD
  • Medicare
  • imagination
  • words
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • poetry
  • literature
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • possibilities
  • determination
  • resilience
  • hope
  • the view from my front window
  • ice cream
  • the ability to pay bills online
  • Big Orange Cats even though they annoy me by sitting on my porch
  • blue skies in between the rain storms
  • breath
  • my heart
  • my body - Body and I have issues, but she is very handy to have and very gracious considering how badly I treat her
  • unexpected things
  • my refrigerator
  • my microwave
  • the forgotten things
  • Love
  • Laughter
  • Life

MAY YOU BE SHOWERED WITH BLESSINGS!

No comments: