Saturday, June 23, 2012

Daily Reminder # 695


After two days of debilitating heat, today was beautiful. Alas, I was still too tired from the days before to truly enjoy it. I spent some time at the back door but Mother Nature was pretty stingy considering the beauty of the weather.  I did manage to do my wordzzle exercises. I could have finished off the Paragon of Virtue "novel," but then decided there were still loose ends to be tied up. This week was the 48th episode, which means I've been doing the story for almost a year. It feels good to think it's finished and kind of odd too. I've become the Lone Wordzzler so I may give wordzzles up for a bit after the story is done. Then again, the exercises do keep me writing at least once a week, so maybe I won't. At least the decision will impact only me.



The night before last when I was melting and unable to sleep, my mind got all obsessed with rearranging my furniture. I'm trying to figure out an arrangement that wouldn't look awful and would make the room easier to navigate. I used to be able to visualize these things really well. I also used to be able to push stuff around and see how I liked it and them move it back if it didn't feel right. Alas, these days, I have to ask someone else to do all the leg work, so it feels like I need to have it "right" in my head, which of course leads to me questioning every idea so that I can't possibly feel like it's "right."  My goal is to move the TV so it's not right by the door. To do that - because it's so big - I need to either move it where the book cases or the sofa are located, which means, of course that those things need to be moved and so on and so forth. What makes it extra complicated is that I was going to give away the beautiful oak table Nate and Dan gave me for the kitchen, but then I had this idea that if the TV gets moved, I can put the table right near the door so I could actually sit and eat with friends. It might be odd to have a table right by your door, but I'm odd anyway, so screw that anybody thinks. Having the table there would mean it would be easier for me logistically to get the mail and packages as well.  Sorry. Good thing nobody much (sorry to those kind souls who do) reads this blog anymore. Nothing like reading the tedious rambligs of a brain on over-drive. I really do feel a need to shift things around, though. I suspect it has something to do with wanting to mark my passage into formal old age in two weeks. I feel an intense desire to get rid of things and to shift stuff around... and really intense frustration that I can't just do it myself. 


So that's what I'm about tonight. Whining. And more whining.  Followed by some gratitude.



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude - an effort to befriend the Creative Forces of the Universe and inspire them to work on my behalf to lavish me with material and emotional blessings.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • Cooler weather!!
  • fans
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • lemon poppy seed muffins
  • my microwave
  • my little coffee maker
  • abundant water
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the boom box by my bed
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • words
  • finished wordzzles
  • that the Paragon of Virtue story is almost done
  • inspiration
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • paper towels
  • indoor plumbing
  • the smell of white sage
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Coconut oil
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • crows, chipmunks, flowers and other treasures
  • matches
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • drugstore.com
  • ebates.com
  • Advil
  • cottage cheese
  • that I don't much like Fritos any more (first bag in 6 months. Didn't enjoy it at all)
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • more flowers/landscaping for the back yard
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom 
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a good plan for rearranging the furniture
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million/year or any other large sum of money
  • a truckoad of money (big bills)
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • more paying reiki clients
  • company/companionship
  • a gathering of friends for my 65th birthday
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • Nintendo
  • clean windows
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my neighbors
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the right to vote
  • absentee ballots
  • my retiring Congressman Maurice Hinchey
  • the US mail
  • the telephone
  • computer games
  • grapes
  • cheese
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • my grabber
  • Netflix
  • tingshas
  • Healing with the Masters (last chance to listen tomorrow)
  • clouds
  • blue skies
  • stuff I'm forgetting (a bit distracted. Ant crawled on me and I think it bit me and I'm all obsessed with the belief that ants are crawling on me. My brain really needs to take a rest in the Bahamas)
  • beauty
  • my rock collection
  • my mattress
  • my hair clip
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
WISHING YOU MIRACLES

No comments: