Sunday, June 17, 2012

Daily Reminder # 690



The back door was quiet today. Scar Face the Greedy had thing pretty much to himself.  The dove and sparrow each dropped by for a minute or two but didn't stay long.  Dull day, by and large. I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about something and I may as well dump it here as anywhere else. Politics is making me cranky. It always makes me cranky. Right now I'm peeved about all the "informative" ads being run by the coal and oil industries about the evil EPA forcing them to behave responsibly and how that will force them to raise prices in this difficult time. I just keep wondering why nobody even questions the logic that the only option of this enormously profitable industry would be to raise prices rather than taking in a little bit less profit, particularly when the industry gets all sorts of free money from the government that they are complaining about. But their nonsense gets repeated over and over and over in the guise of "public service" or "information," when it's really dishonest propaganda.  Irritates me very, very much. There. I said it. It also irritates me that the Democrats aren't making a point of really pinning the fact that the economy isn't making the progress it could because of the obstructive behavior of Congress. There has to be a way to really drive that point home because it is the truth.  Ok. Out of my system. Thanks.  That's all I have to offer tonight. Snarkiness. And pictures and gratitude. Wonder if I will come into my full curmudgeon-hood when I hit 65.







Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude and an invitation to the Creative Forces of the Universe to give me lots and lots of love and good experiences and things and cash and to help me embrace the truth that wanting is not greed and is a natural, healthy, human impulse to be embraced and delighted in.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Coffee and Int'l Delight
  • water
  • yogurt
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Coconut oil
  • my home
  • open windows
  • a sunny day
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • my camera
  • chipmunks and birds and the beauty of nature
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • white sage
  • Pandora Radio
  • my Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the sound of the human voice
  • the telephone
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • YouTube
  • Google
  • this blog
  • Healing with the Masters
  • Dennis Puffett
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • my kitchen
  • more than enough to eat
  • genteel poverty
  • my bathroom
  • indoor plumbing
  • the microwave oven
  • my refrigerator
  • paper towels
  • cheese
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • a safe, affordable way to hook up my dryer
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or any other large sum of money
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • company/companionship
  • Nintendo
  • a gathering of friends for my 65th birthday in July
  • paying reiki clients
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • more flowers/landscaping for my back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • clean windows
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • words
  • poetry
  • music
  • imagination
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • an education
  • hope
  • resilience
  • determination
  • Advil
  • my grabber
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • my mattress
  • fans and ceiling fans
  • matches
  • Wayne Dyer
  • my reiki bears/jaguar
  • blue skies
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • Netflix
  • breath
  • my body
  • a reasonably functioning brain
  • possibilities
  • new ideas
  • flowers
  • comfortable clothing
  • the things I'm forgetting
  • the things I give thanks for in private
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
I WISH YOU PEACE

No comments: