Friday, July 09, 2010

Daily Reminder # 43



Very tired tonight, so just two poems which hopefully speak for themselves.


CALLED BY THE SPIRIT

Called by the Spirit
We back away
For fear of being burned, consumed
We let the holy fire within us die

Called by the Spirit
We do not hear
That the voice cries from within
To be set free
To set us not afire but alight
And bring us to communion
With our God.
- Katherine E. Rabenau




REVELATION

Not until I stopped talking
And listened to the stillness
Did I hear the prayers
God's voice within me
Singing radiant psalms to the Universe
The stillness
Filled with light and power
And the joy of Communion

- Katherine E. Rabenau


Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • a damp cloth on my neck
  • fans
  • indoor plumbing
  • strawberries
  • friends
  • my sister's children
  • cats who love us

My niece's kitty Gregory died this afternoon. He was a rescued kitty Diana describes as follows:

He was a stray and I do believe he was probably dumped at my apartment complex in Austin by whoever had him first, but he was so beloved by everyone who met him that he was constantly being spoiled. People readily welcomed him into their apartments and probably fed him to his heart's content.

After I adopted him, I'd still find him sitting in other people's windows. As recently as last week, he had a neighbor who he made near daily visits to. People just couldn't help but fall instantly and madly in love with Gregory. His personality was so affectionate and easy-going.

I'd appreciate it if you would send good thoughts to my niece Diana.

1 comment:

Argent said...

I definitely need to find a sure-fire way to still the monkey-chatter that goes on in my head all the time. There is a real value to quietness sometimes. I'm sorry to hear about your niece's loss, Gregory sounds like a super cat. At least she gave him a good life after his inauspicious start.