Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daily Reminder # 45

one of my birthday lamps

It's a little cooler tonight - finally, but it has been a long, long, hot week. Going to take it easy on myself this evening and just post a couple of poems.

I splurged for my birthday and bought myself two Tibetan Salt lamps ($23/each at Amazon.com). A friend of mine got some about a year ago and I've been pining for one and then Quilly (who is yet again giving cool things away) wrote about them on her blog and I got to pining even more... It took me almost two months (not counting the year of pining) to give myself permission to spend the money, but I'm glad I did. I think they are beautiful. Besides creating an air of calm, they are supposed to assist with allergies and sinus issues, so I'm hoping they will keep Tara Grace away from the vet and me spared a good deal of projectile snot. Lord, it's a good thing she's so sweet.

One other thing before I actually do what I said and just post two poems... I think I saw a bee. I'm not sure. But I think so. That was a birthday gift from the Universe.



Anyway... a poem....

WAITING FOR THE UNICORN

Always in my mind
Rides the dream
Silver light and darkness
Diana in the moonlight
Stalking shadows
Bow and arrow poised
Waiting for Apollo
To drop burning from the sky
Revealing unseen beasts
And beauties
Waiting
Eternally waiting
For the arrow to fly
And waiting too
For the unicorn.

- Katherine E. Rabenau



THE DREAM

Some distant dream
Nags at my mind
Calls angrily
Move on
Awake and run
Begone to some far mystic land
Where poets run on moonlight sand
And waking dreamers
Sing their songs aloud
Run wild
Let go of tepid things
And face the wind.

- Katherine E. Rabenau



Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • Tibetan salt lamps
  • beauty
  • Harry Potter
  • Craig Ferguson (reading his biography)
  • cooling air and pink clouds
  • rain
  • flowers
  • bees




Have a Wonderful Day!

5 comments:

quilly said...

My apologies, but your "projectile snot" comment got me rolling laughing!

You know, since you mentioned me in this post, you should have invited people to come visit and say you sent them and put yourself in the running for the gift card. So far Barbara is going to win because only she has entered!

Ms. Fiddlesticks said...

Those lamps are beautiful. Thanks as always for sharing. Keep cool.

Janie B said...

I pined for one of those lamps for a long time, too. Finally my sister bought me one for my birthday. I just love it.

sgreerpitt said...

beautiful lamps. has the bee population declined in your area?

Raven said...

Thanks Quilly - done. Glad I made you laugh. One of my favorite accomplishments when I manage it.

Mrs. F., Janie B. - Thanks. Much cooler today, thank goodness. I do love my lamps.

Sue - the bees have declined to non-existence. It's really depressing and frightening.