Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Daily Reminder # 47

The glass on my back door is really dirty
and the sun has been keeping a low profile,
but I like the way this picture came out anyway.


I haven't a clue what to talk about tonight. I'm kind of in rant mode and I really don't want to give in to it, so I think I'll just do another cheat tonight and post a poem, some photos and my gratitude list and leave it at that.



In the moonlight
Dancing erotic, sacred paeans to God
Spirit and flesh somehow mixed
Holy, and wholly human
The ancients swayed.

When did we lose the glorious knowledge
That we are gods
Growing eternally into God
That hurt is learning to know what being is
That all things end
And yet remain forever growing in time
That everything we've done (wise and foolish)
Is simply part of who we have become
And are becoming

Will we ever know again
The majesty of belonging to the Universe,
Dancing splendid, slow and rhythmic praise
To the unity of all being
To ourselves
In whom we must find joy
Before we can touch the heartbeat of eternity

- Katherine E. Rabenau



A few things I'm grateful for today:

  • enjoying a favorite meal
  • the mute button on my TV thingy
  • Schwan's (grocery delivery)
  • food stamps
  • laughter
  • lemon ice



HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

No comments: