Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Daily Reminder # 148


I'm letting Neale Donald Walsh do the work again tonight, but this one is particularly interesting to me because it's something I've been thinking about quite a bit of late.  How do you open your heart/self to abundance?  I'm a big fan of the teaching of Abraham on this subject.  Abraham is a channeled being (channelled by a woman named Esther Hicks) whose teaching were at the core of The Secret. 


I have read some other things which are similar including this fascinating free book called The Science of Getting Rich, which I found delightful when I read it about 10 years back. Obviously, I haven't really mastered all these teachings or I wouldn't be struggling to pay my bills every month, but they have had a good impact on me, I think... and what they say resonates with me in a very visceral way. I do have to say that last Spring, I read one of the Abraham Books - Ask and It is Given - and did one of the exercises at the end of the book. I completely forgot about it, but at the end of the summer, when all the work gifted to my through Delaware Opportunities was done, I found the exercise.  Almost every item I had written on my wish list had been granted. Not bad. I'm still trying to get myself to manifest the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. In this - and in general - I know there is a part of me that feels (no matter how much wisdom I read) that I don't deserve to be rich or feel financially safe. I know there's a degree to which this was bred into me by my mother, who started when I was very very young telling me how horrible her childhood had been and how lucky I was to have all that I had and how ungrateful I was and so on and so forth. In other words anything I had was sort of like a crime I was committing against her pain. I still struggle with doing anything good for myself or with guilt and having anything. I'm better than I was 15 years ago, but I haven't climbed out of that pit yet. But I want to.

Which brings us to Neale Donald Walsh's message from God for today.  


On this day of your life, dear friend, I believe God wants you to know...
...that you should never be content with so little when you can reach out for something big.

Charles L. Allen asked a question about that, wondering why so many people settle for so little. You do not have to place yourself among them. The world is an abundant place. Abundant with opportunity, abundant with good fortune, abundant with ideas, and abundant with love.

Reach into that abundance and take what is rightfully yours. It is your inheritance, gifted to you by God. Let yourself have it. Do not fail to reach for it for fear that it will not come to you. How can it come to you if you do not reach for it?

Do not be content with so little. Reach, stretch, for something big.

Love, Your Friend....
neale


Some things I'm grateful for today:
  • the world's abundance
  • beauty
  • humor
  • Dr. Jim
  • food
  • computers
  • my red chair
  • laughter
  • my camera
  • beauty
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • reiki
  • the internet
  • creativity
  • the capacity to dream
  • life


Have an Abundant and Joyful Day!

No comments: