Thursday, August 02, 2012

Daily Reminder # 708



Another hot and muggy day here in Hancock so I will have to share photos from yesterday. Too hot again. Tonight's Meal-on-Wheels was excellent. Mustard honey chicken and yams. Tomorrow is mac and cheese, I think. They don't always bring what the menu promises. Keeps a nice touch of mystery. I think I have to get up at dawn tomorrow so Angel's stitches can get taken out. I asked them if she could come AFTER work instead of before, but they never called back so even if she is coming after I have to be awake in case she is getting here at 7:30. Sigh. I do not enjoy the Universe's sense of humor.  Stephen Colbert (listening as I type) just mentioned a new study that says plants "talk" or communicate with each other. Way cool.  Makes me feel better about myself that when I give thanks for my food, I don't just thank the critters I eat, I thank the plants too.


Don't see many bees these days, so it is always nice to
spot one. I miss them and I miss dandelions.
My friends did come by the day after my birthday and we had a nice evening catching up. They are such miracle makers that they have found an electric dryer for me. Not sure when they will be able to bring it, but I no longer need to worry about finding someone to reroute my gas lines or about blowing up myself and my neighbors. Whew. They will also help me move my furniture around when they get a chance. Can't wait. Meanwhile, now that the Meals-on-Wheels people come every week-day, I don't have to wobble to the front door and try to remain standing while I get my mail. It comes to me with my food. How lucky (and lazy) am I! 



I don't know why, I'm doing this, but I'm going to post a picture I took of myself one day when no birds or chipmunks or bunnies were showing up at the back door and I was bored. The picture I have posted is 10 years old. I don't like this one because it looks like I look with all my wrinkles and warts and such. I did manage to put a different background in and block out the hideous dress I was wearing that day. For some reason I feel the need to pull back the veil or something. A double dare from some part of my psyche. 


For all of you who have turned to stone, my apologies.
Notice the hideous bags under my eyes. Sigh.
Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude - an effort to embrace abundance and have abundance embrace me.)  I give thanks for all of the following and more...

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • electricity
  • fans
  • water
  • a damp cloth on the back of my neck
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • Margaret
  • the garbage man
  • the Meals-on-Wheels people
  • granola bars
  • lemon poppy seed muffins
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • my grabber
  • paper towels
  • coconut oil
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Probiotics
  • Netflix
  • the telephone
  • my computer
  • email
  • the internet
  • my camera
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • that I have figured out how to fix the sound on the TV so that none of the ads are at shriek volume
  • the Olympic Gymnasts and swimmers and all
  • my mattress
  • clean sheets
  • my SSD
  • Food Stamps (my $25 goes a lot further with Meals-on-Wheels)
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • birds and bunnies and other critters
  • matches
  • the smell of white sage
  • lavender
  • all spice
  • SKYPE
  • plants
  • new discoveries
  • my cane
  • my chair/walker
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • Paint Shop Pro
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • Pandora Radio
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • Advil
  • my (pending) electric dryer
  • getting my furniture rearranged
  • Nintendo
  • company/companionship
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • more flowers/landscaping in my back yard
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or any large sum of money
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • more paying reiki clients
  • thermal blinds for the front windows
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • clean windows
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • ice cream
  • vitacost.com
  • ebates.com
  • YouTube
  • GOOGLE ( I just LOVE Google)
  • SKYPE
  • computer games
  • my friends
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the ability to think
  • President Obama
  • that Mitt Romney is an awful campaigner as well as creepy and awful
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • my alarm clock
  • the vet who will arrive too early in the morning tomorrow
  • words
  • poetry
  • wordzzles (not sure if I'm going to start again tomorrow or give myself another week off)
  • imagination
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • learning new things
  • indoor plumbing
  • resilience
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • the power of the human mind
  • all the things I'm forgetting to list
  • love
  • laughter
  • life

MAY YOU HAVE A GLORIOUS DAY!

1 comment:

The Bug said...

That's a great picture of you! You really should be kinder to that face...