Thursday, August 23, 2012

Daily Reminder # 728


I almost forgot to do the reminder. I may have to start calling this the daily forgotten if I don't watch out. Hardly any visitors at the back door this afternoon. One little sparrow who didn't linger. I have learned something. Birds and chipmunks don't like cauliflower. I've been tossing any vegetables I don't like from the Meals-on-Wheels out for the critters and mostly they have vanished very quickly. Cauliflower, on the other hand, has lingered and lingered.... so it goes. Beyond that I'm struggling with a wicked part of myself that is taking great delight in the prospect of a hurricane messing up the GOP convention. This is REALLY horrible of me and I don't wish any people harmed, but there is just that wee (well, not so wee) bit of the Devil in me that wants to know how the Right Wing clergy who are always blaming the poor and homosexuals for hurricanes and tornadoes will explain God messing with their convention. I'm that petty. I admit it with a mix of pride and shame.  Meanwhile, I hope that the people of Haiti are somehow spared any more suffering. They deserve a break.



Oddly, after I posted last night, I remembered what I wanted to talk about, but now I have forgotten again. Can anyone say senility?  Oh - wait. I remember. Remember the several days ago (Reminder #723) when I posted a Neale Donald Walsch thing about the events of the day bringing you closer to God and I wondered what ominous thing God had in store for me? Well, turned out it was a very odd day at Huffington Post. I got into several long, drawn-out and very petty conversations with people because I said voting was a "privilege."  About 5 people jumped on me to declare it as a right. Which I agree with, except that I think it's both a right and a privilege. Americans live in a country where we are privileged to have the right to vote. Anyway, I had a series of long, drawn-out and pretty snarky debates with people who felt a need to insult me as well as disagree with me. There were two outcomes. With the one person, at the very end - after I said I wasn't bored enough to continue the debate, he countered that "obviously, I was." Instead of going the huffy path, I replied that he had gotten me. TOTALLY changed the tone. He replied that he really wasn't mean and apologized for the tone of our conversation. A similar war of words with someone else didn't go quite so well. But the lesson was clear that sometimes we just get so ego-bound to a debate that we don't know how to get out of it, but it can be very easy. And then sometimes there is no escape but to quit. Anyway. I guess there's a lesson of some sort there. Maybe we would all be better off if I hadn't remembered what I wanted to talk about. Onward to gratitude.


Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to embrace, entice, invoke abundance and to inspire in the Creative Forces of the Universe a desire to help me do so.) Thank you for:

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • Coffee and Int'l Delight
  • cereal and yogurt
  • my microwave
  • UPS
  • water
  • lemonade
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • Margaret
  • that I got to sleep late because there was no meals on wheels
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Coconut oil
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • the color of summer
  • Schwans
  • Miracle Foot Repair Cream
  • Pandora Radio
  • music
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the sound of the human voice
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • my computer
  • email
  • the internet
  • Google
  • YouTube
  • all spice
  • lavender
  • white sage
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • breath
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • paper towels
  • indoor plumbing
  • my mattress
  • my alarm clock
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • more paying reiki clients
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • more flowers/landscaping for the back yard
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • getting my furniture rearranged
  • getting my electric dryer (thanks to Nate and Dan for this and the item above)
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • a paid off mortgage
  • company/companionship
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or any large sum of money
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • CLEAN windows
  • Nintendo
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • my camera
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the ability to think and reason
  • resilience
  • determination
  • imagination
  • words
  • poetry
  • music
  • hope
  • Advil
  • my grabber
  • licorice
  • the color of summer
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • Angel hugs
  • Meals-on-Wheels
  • a cardboard box for the cats
  • lots of toys for Angel
  • the view from my front window
  • fans
  • cooler days
  • the hint of fall colors 
  • Project Runway
  • creative people
  • human beings
  • my neighbors
  • my friends
  • my nieces and my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that the office for the Aging donated my Farmers Market coupons to Meals on Wheels
  • tingshas
  • my camera
  • Crocs
  • Netflix
  • granola bars
  • things I'm forgetting (very distracted tonight
  • love
  • laughter
  • life

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY! 
MAY MIRACLES AND BEAUTY SURROUND YOU!

No comments: