Thursday, August 16, 2012

Daily Reminder # 721


I guess I'm doing the reminders during the day now.  I didn't take any pictures yesterday and don't have anything very inspiring to report, but for some reason feel inspired to re-post this forgiveness exercise from Marci Smirnoff.  I am still working through some stuff about the kitty Itsabella who was killed last week. I know the dog was just doing what dogs do, but I'm having a hard time forgiving her. 


I keep meaning to make this a regular practice and then I forget to do it. Sigh. Anyway, it's called The Divine Grace and Divine Forgiveness Prayer, which she learned from a woman named Elena Lieberman. She combines it with a hand exercise which I think she learned from somebody else but my notes are a little garbled. This is my favorite exercise of the ones she talked about. It is to help clear body mind and spirit and it just felt really good to me. It's the main reason I wanted to share all of this.  The words of the prayer are as follows:  

If there is anyone or anything that has hurt me in the past knowingly or unknowingly I forgive and release it.  If I have hurt anyone in the past knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it. I ask for the highest good for everyone and myself and I forgive myself.

This prayer is repeated 3 times, once with each of the following hand actions.

First position:  Take the thumb of your right hand and place it lightly on the center of the palm of the left hand, a spot known as the Main Grace Point.  This point releases any contracted energy in your system focuses system on insights, and helps create positive reference points and new insights. Say the prayer: If there is anyone or anything that has hurt me in the past knowingly or unknowingly I forgive and release it.  If I have hurt anyone in the past knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it. I ask for the highest good for everyone and myself and I forgive myself.

Second position: Take the thumb of your right hand and place it lightly on the outside of the hand below the pinky finger - about half way down.  This is the body release point and releases any stuck energy in the body, any issues, judgments, beliefs or emotions stuck in the body so the flow of life is restored. Say the prayer: If there is anyone or anything that has hurt me in the past knowingly or unknowingly I forgive and release it.  If I have hurt anyone in the past knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it. I ask for the highest good for everyone and myself and I forgive myself.

Third position: Take the thumb and forefinger of the right hand and lightly grip the webbing between the thumb and fore-finger of the left hand.  This is the Genetic or ancestry Lineage point and  releases issues, judgments, beliefs and emotions passed down through our DNA or taken on through family connections.  Say the prayer:  If there is anyone or anything that has hurt me in the past knowingly or unknowingly I forgive and release it.  If I have hurt anyone in the past knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it. I ask for the highest good for everyone and myself and I forgive myself. 


Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to embrace my inner manifestor and entice the Creative Forces of the Universe to help me manifest needs and luxuries both.) Thank you for:
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • clean litter box and garbage gone
  • the garbage man and his extra steps
  • water
  • Meals-on-Wheels
  • fans
  • electricity
  • cooler weather
  • Margaret
  • crackers
  • my camera
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • a working modem
  • computer games
  • SKYPE
  • YouTube
  • Google
  • email
  • snail mail (GOOD mail today)
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • beauty
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • lavender
  • the smell of white sage
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • a great new job for my niece's husband
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the sound of the human voice
  • my grabber
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • getting my furniture re-arranged
  • the electric dryer Nate and Dan are bringing
  • company/companionship
  • more flowers/landscaping in the back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or any large sum of money
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • clean windows
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • more paying reiki clients
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • Nintendo
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Netflix
  • indoor plumbing
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • good news for my friend E
  • my kitchen
  • the view from my front window
  • the memory of the bears across the street
  • the hope that they will come back (even if it isn't a good thing really)
  • paper towels
  • Margaret
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity for thought
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • words
  • poetry
  • literature
  • creativity
  • resilience
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • good memories
  • the color of summer
  • a soft breeze
  • granola bars
  • forgiveness rituals
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • the ability to laugh at things that depress me (see Stewart and Colbert)
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!


No comments: