Saturday, August 04, 2012

Daily Reminder # 710



Almost forgot about the reminder tonight. I am officially over this heat. I am over global climate change. I am really over all the idiots who continue to deny it. Even if they doubt the science, what exactly is the downside of improving the health of the planet. But I grumble.  Sorry. Just came from a visit to Huffington Post where people were writing nonsense about climate change. And it humid and 70 degrees at 1 am.  I wonder, now that I've crossed over into old age, have I automatically become a curmudgeon? Is it like crossing a river and one day you are reasonably good natured and the next you are a cranky old bat? I hope not. Even my cats are cranky, so maybe it's the weather and not me.




Visiting birds remain scarce and even the chipmunk didn't show up this afternoon (not while I was watching, anyway). There were some nice turkey vultures that flew fairly low. I think I might have had something interesting to say at one point today but whatever it was has fled, so I'll just do gratitude and spare you any further reading.






Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, a not-so-subtle plea to the Creative Forces of the Universe to lavish abundance on me and let me rejoice in sharing it and spending it and not worrying about bills from now to forever.)  Universe, I thank you for

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • electricity
  • FANS (I need more)
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • water
  • lemon poppy seed muffins
  • ice
  • a wet cloth on the back of my neck
  • getting the lawn mowed
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • YouTube (nice video of my nephew here)
  • Google
  • Huffington Post (mixed blessing)
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my neighbors
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the sound of the human voice
  • the sound of children playing 
  • paper towels
  • coconut oil
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • probiotics
  • vitamin D-3
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • lavender
  • white sage
  • my grabber
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • getting my furniture rearranged
  • my new ELECTRIC dryer delivered and plugged in
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or any large sum of money
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • Nintendo
  • company/companionship
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • more paying reiki clients
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • clean windows
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • words
  • poetry
  • Rachel Maddow (see post below this one)
  • Stephen Colbert
  • Jon Stewart
  • beauty
  • indoor plumbing
  • a wet cloth on my neck
  • my mattress (am I repeating myself?)
  • cheese
  • Nintendo
  • turkey vultures in flight
  • birds
  • breath
  • coconut oil
  • my alarm clock
  • Miracle Foot Repair Cream
  • imagination
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • resilience
  • determination
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • Meals-on-Wheels
  • all the things I'm forgetting
  • love
  • laughter
  • life

May You Soar Like an Eagle
(or a Turkey Vulture)

No comments: