Saturday, August 18, 2012

Daily Reminder # 723



Running late again. It's an exquisite day here. The temperature is mild, there's a slight breeze, the sky is blue with fluffy clouds. Feels nice after a summer that has - to date- felt like preparation for the apocalypse. I went to the back door early and enjoyed watching  the woodchuck for a while. Vanessa the chipmunk came too. She was very nervous today even by chipmunk standards, so I didn't get much in the way of pictures. Still wrapped up in politics and then obsessively playing computer games to take my  mind off of how annoyed I am by politics. 

Going to take the Neale Donald Walsch route today. Not sure what to make of this message from God. To be honest, it makes me a touch anxious. I have found that things that move me closer to God that require me to suspend my judgement of what they mean are not things I enjoy. That said, it's a glorious day, so maybe THAT is what is moving me closer to God today. 



On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...

...that the events of this very day will 
move you closer to God.

That is what they were designed to do, 
and you will experience them doing just that 
if you will allow yourself to.

It is all a matter of opening your eyes to 
what is really happening (as opposed to what 
it looks like is happening). Judge not by 
outward appearances.

Love, Your Friend....
neale



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to embrace my inner billionaire (might as well go big),  to begin to trust myself and the Universe, and to establish a relationship with the Creative Forces of the Universe and get them to establish one with me.) Thank you for:

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • an exquisite summer day
  • the color of summer
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • water
  • granola bars
  • my camera
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • critters
  • music
  • Pandora Radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games (on which I waste way too much time)
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • fans
  • a good night's sleep
  • my  nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • lavender
  • all spice
  • white sage
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Miracle Foot Repair Cream
  • coconut oil
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or any large sum of money
  • a truckload of cash (big bills)
  • more flowers/landscaping in the back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • clean windows (getting hard to get pictures now, they are so dirty)
  • Nintendo
  • company/companionship
  • more paying reiki clients
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • getting my furniture reorganized
  • my new electric dryer 
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • freshly pained living and bedroom walls
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • wordzzles (haven't done mine yet and don't really feel like it, but I'm still greatful for the idea)
  • indoor plumbing
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • my mattress
  • Angel hugs
  • Tara's head butts
  • my kitchen
  • poetry
  • literature
  • President Obama
  • the right to vote
  • light and shadow
  • my grabber
  • good news for my friend
  • stuff I'm forgetting
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
WISHING YOU A DAY OF 
JOYFUL, MAGICAL EVENTS!


No comments: