Monday, June 13, 2011

Daily Reminder # 378


It was lovely and cool here today, but still not a bird or critter in the back yard (at least not while I was watching). With Greedy George's help, the feeder was emptied in less than 2 days so I don't know how many visitors I can expect. Luckily Angel was very open to posing and even Tara Grace gave me a rare opportunity to take her picture. Think I'll share something from Neale Donald Walsh and God again. It's a good one - about choosing how to feel. I think this is what the "Thank You for Everything" mantra is about. And also what gratitude is about. Where and how we focus our thoughts matters. When the first anniversary of my sister's murder came around, I decided that I wanted to intentionally not spend the day grieving, but to make it a day for celebrating life - and my sister. It helped me. We can choose how to feel. It isn't always easy, but it's worth the effort. There's a Hawaiian saying that "Energy flows where attention goes" and I believe that's true. If some inner or outer darkness starts to suck you in, find something positive on which to focus your attention. That's in part what my gratitude list is for. To remind me of all my blessings and take my focus off the things I lack.




On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
...that it may seem that you cannot control 
exterior circumstances, but you can 
always control interior ones.

Your internal world -- the reality that 
you encounter within your mind and 
emotions -- is a world that you
and only you control and create.

How you experience everything is  up
to you. Your reactions need not be automatic 
or similar to ones you have had before.

Love, Your Friend.... 

neale



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to persuade the Creative Forces of the Universe to grant my wishes.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • cool air
  • the moon
  • flowers
  • green
  • my back door
  • water
  • watermelon
  • my camera
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • books
  • music
  • hearing
  • sight
  • taste 
  • touch
  • smell
  • lemonade
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit card
  • paid off mortgage
  • freshly paitnted living and bedroom walls
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • having these wishes granted
  • a Bose sound system
  • Nintendo
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • words
  • Quilly's Punny Monday
  • computer games
  • ideas
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • rice
  • cheese
  • indoor plumbing
  • Tara's stare
  • Angel's tummy
  • my mattress
  • my red chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that I can still get from room to rooom
  • my microwave
  • peach/mango yogurt smoothies
  • the smell of white sage
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • Ibuprofen
  • ear phones
  • laughter
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • my friends
  • Netflix
  • inspiration
  • hope
  • resilience
  • love
  • life

May Your Day Be Rich in Blessings

1 comment:

quilly said...

Angel really does look like an angel.

Guess who won Punny Monday today?

Congrats!