Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daily Reminder # 384



The yard was good today. Even the chipmunks were well behaved, content to munch down in the grass and let birds use the feeders. This made me happy. There is even a little food left for tomorrow. The people from Delaware Opportunities are coming on Monday to replace the back door, widen the bathroom door, put in a hinged Angel gate and do a few other things. The electrical work apparently has to wait for NYSEG to do something.  I think I may have a day without electric. Eeek. Think I will let Neale Donald Walsh do the work again tonight because it sort of fits with something that has been on my mind.





On this day of your life, dear friend,

I believe God wants you to know...
that you may speak your truth, but
sooth your words with peace.

Tell your truth as soon as you know
it. Yet tell it gently, kindly, and with
compassion for the hearer. Someone
needs to hear the truth from you today...
but that person also needs your deep
compassion as you speak it.

Seek to say what needs to be said with
softness, and with a wide open heart.
Remember, the truth can hurt... but it
hurts a lot less if you care how it feels
while saying it.

Love, Your Friend...
neale




I think this is very true. Sometimes it's very scary to speak your truth. My friend in Ohio who I have been reiki-ing is now in hospice care. I wrote a letter to her sharing my experiences reiking people who died while I was doing the reiki. It's a profound experience and I wanted her to know how beautiful it was. But it is a very intimate subject. I know Sara only through cyber space. I don't know how she will feel about me speaking about dying.  I just hope I did it right and that she hears the intention. Actually, I told her husband to not hesitate not to read it to her if he felt it was inappropriate.  We are conditioned in our society not to talk about death and dying and I think it robs people of the ability to share their fears and their experience... both the person dying and the person helplessly standing watch. After my sister died, I talked about her a lot to her children. I thought it was important to keep her memory and her living self vibrant in their memories, so that her murder didn't become all that they associated with her.  I don't know what's right or wrong. I just do the best I can and hope that my intention is felt even if my words are not appreciated. I've always thought that "Truth" has an energetic resonance, that it can be felt as well as heard. Of course, the world being what it is, some people resonate to different things than I do, so maybe capitol T Truth is more complex than I want to think it is. Anyway, that's my food for thought for today. On to pictures and gratitude.


I feel so thrilled that I have been able to glimpse these sweet,
intimate moments with this little bird family.

Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to entice the Creative Forces of the Universe to manifest a whole bunch of good stuff for me and to do it soon.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my back yard
  • birds
  • my camera
  •  well behaved chipmunks
  • roses
  • butterflies
  • colors
  • fans
  • cool air in the evening
  • water
  • lemon sherbet
  • Schwans
  • cheese
  • coffee and International Delight
  • Pandora radio
  • music
  • the telephone
  • talking with friends
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • Netflix
  • mail
  • my computer
  • google
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • Omega-3
  • Nintendo
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a clothes dryer
  • a Bose sound system
  • a paid off mortgage
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning lottery numbers
  • moving the items in this list from red to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • colors
  • sight
  • smell
  • touch
  • taste
  • hearing
  • music
  • the joy of singing
  • the ability to read and write
  • email
  • my hands
  • the ability to type
  • one-click sites
  • electricity
  • bird feeders
  • that birds got to use them today instead of chipmunks
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • indoor plumbing
  • computer games
  • my mattress
  • my red chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that I can still walk sort of
  • skin cream
  • laughter
  • hope
  • love
  • compassion
  • life



Wishing You a Wonderful Day!

No comments: