Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Daily Reminder # 34


Find the humor in things. Find reasons to laugh.

I think I used to have more of a sense of humor than I do now. I don't know if it's the times we are living in or if it's me becoming a wicked old crone. In any case, I find myself feeling uncomfortably grim about everything. I think I used to laugh more. Of course some of this may be because I am so isolated these days. Angel and Tara Grace are great companions and they do make me laugh, but it's not quite the same as a witty exchange with another human being.


And I do love to laugh. Even thinking about laughing is making me feel better. I can feel my eyes twinkling and my lips are insisting on curling up into a smile. Interesting discovery. Maybe I'll just think about laughing. I went through all my old photos and found a variety of things that made me chuckle for one reason or another in hopes that they will make you chuckle too.


Laughter is one of the reasons I'm so grateful for the Daily Show and Jon Stewart who makes me laugh and informs me at the same time. Laughing not only takes the edge off how much politics pisses me off, I think it makes it easier to see the craziness in some of what's going on these days and moves us (well, ME) off the judgement wagon and into a place of possibility. I didn't watch all of the Elena Kagan (for those not American and/or not following American politics, she is nominated to be the next Supreme Court justice), but one of the things I was impressed with is that she seems to have a sense of humor. Just funny, with no acid in it.


So anyway, that's my thought for today. I'm pretty sure I've said this before. Laughing is really good. Thank you to Jane B for congratulating me on making it through 33 three of these daily posts. It isn't getting any easier and I have a feeling I'm starting (starting?) to repeat myself, but I'm going to try and keep going for a bit longer at least. I do appreciate it that anybody reads them.


Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • People who read these posts
  • cooler weather
  • ice cream
  • laughter
  • The Daily Show

Hugs!
(that's what this little guy- on the right - always makes me think of)

1 comment:

Janie B said...

WooHoo...34! I love this list. I don't laugh near enough either, but John Stewart will always make me laugh, too. Love the chipmunk butt. Ha!