Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Daily Reminder # 247


These daily reminder's were started to help a friend of mine as she is going through a rough time. Today's post is particularly dedicated to her because it's Groundhog Day today, her favorite day of the year. For those not familiar with it, Ground Hog day is the day on which a Groundhog named Puxatawny Phil - from Puxatawny PA - emerges from hibernation. In Groundhogese (so they say), he informs the event officials whether or not he has seen his shadow. If he sees his shadow there will be six more weeks of winter, if not there will be an early Spring. Puxatawny Phil has been making his prediction for 125 years. There's a wonderful movie with Bill Murray called Groundhog Day. I enjoyed it. Anyway, Happy Groundhog Day to my friend... well Happy Groundhog day to everyone. Given the weather here, my local groundhog is not likely to emerge from hibernation any time soon, alas. I am really ready to see winter go away. This winter has already been too cold and too snowy for my taste. I look forward to greener days. And mercifully they are coming.



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude - an effort to encourage the Universe to manifest my vision of happy abundance.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Groundhogs (aka woodchucks)
  • Netfilx
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my camera
  • my telephone
  • SKYPE
  • my microwave oven
  • strawberry banana yogurt smoothies
  • cinnamon toast
  • rechargeable batteries
  • laughter
  • coconut oil
  • tooth paste & my electric tooth brush
  • my Bose sound system
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • fresh paint on my bedroom and living room walls
  • winning the HGTV Vermont Dream House
  • a million dollars a year for life from Publisher's Clearinghouse
  • winning lottery tickets
  • paid off mortgage
  • a clothes dryer
  • music
  • my computer
  • friends far and near
  • kind neighbors
  • a working furnace
  • my fuzzy robe, sweater, and heavy cape
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my mattress
  • sleep
  • poetry
  • the ability to read and write and type
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • legs that still get me from room to room
  • freedom
  • hope
  • beauty
  • laughter
  • life



HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY! 
Spring IS Coming... Spring IS Coming....

No comments: