Thursday, September 01, 2011

Daily Reminder # 450



Well, the back yard was very quiet yesterday afternoon and then this morning, I read that today begins a 10-day celebration of the Hindu God Ganesh's birthday and I thought it seemed like as good a thing as anything to celebrate. According to the first article I read, Ganesh is "widely celebrated for auspicious beginnings." Well, it seems to me that if ever the world needed some auspicious beginnings, we are in need of some now. Ganesh is also the patron of the arts and sciences and the deity of intellect and wisdom. He's also know as a breaker of obstacles. Ironic, then, that an elephant is the symbol of the Republican Party, isn't it? I think maybe the Democrats should start chatting with Ganesh and see if he can dispense some wisdom and put and end to all the obstructing that has been going on for 3 years.  If you'd like to know more about Ganesh here are a couple of sources...  Sanatansociety and  Wikipedia.    And who would have expected that there's a Ganesh temple in Flushing, NY? Cool.  So anyway, Happy Birthday to Ganesh and joy to those who observe his celebration and those who don't.




Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to encourage the Creative Forces of the Universe to Create on my behalf.... to think to themselves, "oh... she said thank you, were we supposed to have gotten her that clothes dryer and that big check from PCH? Better get right on it and make sure we deliver.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • coffee and International Delight
  • elephant gods
  • grapes
  • UPS
  • Margaret
  • clean litter and garbage out
  • the garbage man
  • my little house
  • cooler temperatures
  • turkey vultures in flight
  • sight
  • touch
  • hearing
  • smell
  • taste
  • computer games
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • ear phones
  • the joy of singing
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity for change
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • words
  • poetry
  • books
  • movies
  • Netflix
  • kitty hugs
  • a clothes dryer
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • Nintendo
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • a reading and a healing with my friend Nancy
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • beauty
  • my rock collection
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • electricity
  • my microwave
  • my kitchen
  • my bathroom
  • indoor plumbing
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that I can still walk sort of
  • bees
  • birds
  • chipmunks
  • the view from my front window
  • my back door
  • groceries
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • resilience
  • Advil
  • determination
  • kitty love (hugs and head butts)
  • AIM
  • SKYPE
  • Google
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy, and successful
  • ideas
  • my teeth
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • friends
  • neighbors
  • kindness
  • love
  • laughter
  • optimism
  • hope
  • life

WISHING YOU BLESSINGS ON NEW BEGINNINGS
THE FALLING AWAY OF ALL OBSTACLES
AND JOY IN ALL THINGS

No comments: