Friday, September 02, 2011

Daily Reminder # 451

No takers? Where have my feathered friends gone?

Well, I got distracted and almost forgot to post a reminder today. The back door has been very stingy. I see and hear the blue jays and sparrows, but they aren't coming to the porch - at least not while I'm there. The bird seed sat uneaten. It was mostly gone this morning, so somebody ate it. I put new out before I came out to the computer and sat in hopes of visitors but they remained aloof in the bushes, flying around to let me know they are there but... Sigh. If the falling leaves didn't betray the truth, the disappearance of the birds is a sign that the grey days of winter will soon be upon us. I don't think there's going to be much Fall foliage this year. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess time will tell.  For now there are lots of early leaves falling but not much color.



Meanwhile, I want to sing the praises of coconut oil.  One of the many physical issues I've been struggling with of late (well, actually for quite a while but especially of late) is pressure sores (I'm assuming that's what it is) on the back of my legs because I sit so much. Besides the fact that things that I can't get to heal quickly kind of scare me, they are just so bloody uncomfortable. Over the course of the past few years I've been able to reiki and lotion them into a kind of quasi submission, but of late either my tolerance has decreased or they have gotten worse. Anyway, I've waged a campaign to heal them and pulled something I remember reading about on my niece Diana's Food Scout website.... coconut oil.  Wow. It has been miraculous. Messy, worth the grease-a-thon. Not that there haven't been moments of itching and burning mixed that have made me just wish I could lose consciousness entirely.  Anyway, not quite home free yet, but SOOOO much better. When I went to the site this morning for the link, I noticed that she says it's good for gums too. Think I'll try that next.



I also wanted to share a link to this free video series I got through Neale Donald Walsh.  You can sign up for the current free series here (they will try to sell you stuff but no in the videos and not hard sell).  Meanwhile, there is a wonderful series of past (I think) videos, quite a few of which I listened to last night. The Lindsay Wagner one is quite wonderful, I think. They do get progressively more woo-woo, so you might want to prepare for that. 




Guess that's enough for this morning (afternoon, actually).  


Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to inspire the Creative Forces of the Universe to grant at least some of my many, many wishes and make my life easier and better.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • inspirational videos
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • food in the refrigerator
  • Janet who delivers my mail
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • water
  • coconut oil
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • computer games
  • my camera
  • Netflix
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my mattress
  • sleep
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my electric tooth brush
  • Listerine
  • my teeth
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • the aroma of white sage
  • grapes
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of singing
  • a clothes dryer
  • blinds for the front window
  • new curtains
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a paid off mortgage
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a reading and a healing from my friend Nancy
  • Nintendo
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • wordzzles
  • words
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • poetry
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity for change
  • humor
  • DVDs
  • movies
  • drugstore.com sale plus an ebate 8% rebate
  • my back yard
  • my house
  • my rock collection
  • toy mice/happy Angel
  • crunchies/happy Tara Grace
  • my microwave
  • my kitchen
  • my bathroom
  • indoor plumbing
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that I can still walk-ish with their help
  • SSD
  • SKYPE
  • You-Tube
  • AIM
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • email
  • paper towels
  • resilience
  • determination
  • beauty
  • 70 degree weather
  • granola bars
  • compassion
  • so much to be grateful for
  • kindness
  • inspiration
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
WISHING YOU 
BEAUTY, 
PEACE 
HEALING
AND INSPIRATION

No comments: