Friday, September 16, 2011

Daily Reminder # 475

(Please Scroll Down for the Weekly Wordzzle Challenge.)

It's chilly here in Hancock. It doesn't look to me like we are really going to have much in the way of fall colors this year. The tree in front of my house is almost bare of leaves and as you can see above they are not turned so much as splotchy. It has been a strange year climate-wise. I hope all the climate change deniers are right and that this is just an aberration, but I think this is more likely the tip of the iceberg.  But enough of that. I had a profound thought this afternoon. Or it seemed profound. In a day or so, I will probably think it was stupid but right now I think I have discovered a clue to something. I'm not quite sure where it came from or what triggered it.  I will warn you that it's one of those airy-fairy type revelations, deeply woo-woo.  So here it is. (I'm already second-guessing myself as I type this, blushing, thinking what an idiot I'm going to sound like, but I'm going to soldier on anyway...) So.... my "revelation" was that Everything that's going on in the world right now is about a struggle between Love and Fear.  (Ok. You are yawning.  Some are saying, "waaaa?" Some are rolling your eyes....)  But.... I think it IS....  




I suppose this is an extension of how shocked I was at people cheering about executions and the death of hypothetical uninsured people.  How baffled I am by people who would let children go hungry but refuse to tax billionaires.  How puzzling it is to me that  political power seems to mean more to Republicans than the welfare of the people of this nation of the nation itself.  So then I was thinking about the difference between Republicans and Democrats. I was thinking how greedy Regressives are and then I thought about what is greed in some ways but a kind of fear of not having enough. The whole "you won't take our guns away," stuff is also all about fear and "protection." And what is a willingness to let someone else die so you can have more or a willingness to torture another human being to make sure they don't "catch you off guard again." It's all about fear ultimately. The ultra Conservative Christians who post at Huffington Post are afraid of their god. They think he is waiting to send them to Hell. They believe there's a Devil (who they seem to think as as much or more power than their God), who is out to trick them and that if they are tricked, God will torture them for it. Talk about fear. 



The basic Democratic perspective is more about love, about tending to the planet, making sure nobody goes hungry or cold, wanting everyone to have medical care. It thinks justice can be dealt out without executions.... Not that Democrats are saints (we aren't), but I think that the difference in perspective from which we approach things is why the gulf right now is so profound and so difficult to overcome.  I'm hoping that this realization will help keep me from feeling so angry about what's going on, because I think my anger is about my fear of being sucked into their world of fear.  It pulls me away from love and my instinct is to blame them for how their fear makes me feel, but it's really not their fear that makes me feel that way, it's my own fear of their fear.





This is incomprehensible but it's late and I want to try and say it even if I can't say it clearly. That may be because it's late and I'm tired and I don't want to start over and I don't have the good judgement to just post the gratitude list. I do have an awesome Neale Donald Walsh that I probably should have used this evening. Tomorrow will lovely and profound and all Neale Donald Walsh and God, I promise.


Guess that's enough (more than enough?) and I'll just go on to gratitude.




Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to inspire the Creative Forces of the Universe to be good to me... and soon.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • water
  • corn muffins
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • wordzzles done
  • new thoughts (even garbled ones)
  • indoor plumbing
  • my television
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still get me around with help
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • sight
  • hearing
  • smell
  • touch
  • taste
  • peach/mango yogurt smoothies
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • toy mice (stuffed and laser)
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • a clothes dryer
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • a reading and healing from Nancy DuTertre
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a paid off mortgage
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • clean windows (before they are so dirty I can't see out at all)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • Nintendo
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • Netflix
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of singing
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • coconut oil
  • my mattress
  • computer games
  • words
  • poetry
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • creativity
  • determination
  • inspiration
  • re-arranged living room for easier navigation
  • Listerine
  • the telephone
  • SKYPE
  • AIM
  • google
  • humor
  • laughter
  • compassion
  • freedom
  • my home
  • kitty hugs
  • love
  • life
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

No comments: