Friday, March 25, 2011

Daily Reminder # 298


Well, we had another exciting day here in Hancock. No more snow, mercifully, though there wasn't as much melting as I would have wished for. Another crisis was averted... or more accurately, resolved. Yesterday, I realized that my hot water was no longer hot. The shower I had planned to take was not take-able. Still, given the fact that I often struggle with accepting that  things I know are real are actually real and not my imagination, I hesitated to call Delaware Opportunities to see if they could help. After all, they had done so much for me. Wasn't it ungrateful to think they might have screwed up my hot water? Maybe it was coincidence. Maybe it was just my imagination. (Really. That's how badly my mother screwed with my head. I don't trust the reality of my experience. When I injured my legs years back and I was in so much pain that I was seeing stars... I questioned whether I wasn't just being a cry baby.) So anyway, this morning, I screwed up my courage and called Del. Opp and the woman who schedules things told me that the furnace people were scheduled (nobody told me) to come and work on my furnace later so she would tell them to check the hot water heater too. They came. They saw. They repaired. All is well in my little house again. I think I can really feel the difference all the new insulation makes. Tara's nose is still running and running but she is eating meals again, though still not her beloved crunchies. I can't tell you how guilty I feel about Tara and the crunchies. It's like I ran over a kid's dog or something. The guilt is terrible. I've asked  friend who is an animal communicator to see if she can talk us through it. Sorry. I'm just rambling and whining. 


Morning update: Tara Grace returned to crunchies last night. Both girls seem to be eating again. I am relieved. We are almost back to our version of normal. Whew. Thanks for everyone who has asked and sent good vibes Tara's way.


Since I'm mostly complaining, I thought I'd share a message from Neale Donald Walsh and God, just to raise the tone a little.... Since I'm a professional procrastinator, I'm not too fond of this message, but I thought it was good to share it anyway for those more redeemable than I am.


On this day of your life, dear friend
...that it is better to do now what 
you will have to do eventually.

You know, right now, 
what you will have to do eventually. 
Your stomach is telling you right now.
You just don't want to have to listen to it; 
don't want to believe it.

Believe it. The tummy knows. 
How many times in your life 
must you prove this to yourself?

You will not have to think but a second to know
exactly why you received this message today.

Love, Your Friend....

neale


Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to hold a vision for myself and encourage the Universe to help me manifest my desires.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • hot water
  • Delaware Opportunities
  • turkey vultures in flight
  • Margaret
  • my camera
  • rechargeable batteries
  • blue skies
  • clouds
  • UPS
  • indoor plumbing
  • my TV
  • my remote control
  • Netflix
  • paper towels
  • my vacuum
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • Nintendo
  • $5,000/ week for life from PCH
  • a sun room on the back of my house
  • fresh paint on the living and bedroom walls
  • a clothes dryer
  • a Bose sound system
  • a paid off mortgage
  • winning lottery tickets
  • my friends
  • kind neighbors
  • my SSD
  • food stamps
  • resilience
  • eyes
  • ears
  • nose
  • touch
  • vocal chords
  • music
  • Pandora Radio
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • NATO
  • the UN
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • that my legs wobble me from room to room
  • Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert
  • humor
  • laughter
  • hope
  • love
  • life
Additional gratitude note.... getting ready to go to bed and decided to check the weather site. It's 15 degrees outside. I had turned the thermostat down about an hour ago to 50. He house feels quite cozy, which I think means it's holding the heat instead of dissipating it down into the basement and the former garage where the water heater lives. I am very grateful for this, though not for the 15 degree temperature. It's March 25th. It should NOT be 15 degrees out.


Have a Great Day
Hoping You Have a SPRING in Your Step

1 comment:

Argent said...

Great news on the hot water - how we miss it when it's not there! Sorry if I've not been keeping up, but what's the story about Tara and the crunchies?