Monday, May 07, 2012

Daily Reminder # 658

It was damp and rainy and warm enough to keep the windows open without being really warm. I'm grateful for my warm robe with the hood.  Think I'll just share some videos tonight and gratitude. Someone sent me the first of these two and then I thought I'd add the second long (22 minutes) one tool  Hope you enjoy them. How can anybody not enjoy gorillas?






Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to cajole the Creative Forces of the Universe into giving me stuff... lots and lots and lots of stuff, including a cash.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • open windows and my warm robe because it's a little chilly but not too chilly
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • Netflix
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • paper towels
  • coffee and Int'l delight
  • popcorn
  • my camera
  • my kitchen
  • duct tape
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • coconut oil
  • water
  • my grabber
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • Healing with the Masters
  • comedy
  • humor
  • Pandora radio
  • music
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the sound of the human voice
  • my Bose speakers
  • the boom box by my bed
  • my new toothbrush 
  • my teeth
  • toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • indoor plumbing
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru's probiotic soap
  • my microwave
  • cheese
  • grapefruit
  • a clothes dryer
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • more flowers/landscaping for the back yard
  • company/companionship
  • more paying reiki clients
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million/year
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a party for my 65th birthday in July
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • Nintendo
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • care2.com
  • thehungersite.com
  • my reiki teddy bears
  • gorillas
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • sight
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my neighbors
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • poetry
  • words
  • literature
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • inspiration
  • dandylions
  • rain
  • You Tube
  • Google
  • SKYPE
  • my mattress
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • white sage
  • the things I'm grateful for but am forgetting to list
  • the things I'm privately grateful for
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
I WISH YOU WISHES COME TRUE

3 comments:

CJ said...

Raven, I haven't checked in for a while. I planned to take a break for a month or so from your weekly challenges, but I think it's been over a year. I loved writing for your challenges, but I would procrastinate reading everyone else's contributions and I decided that wasn't quite fair. I also had several big projects and a month-long trip to Brazil in the works, and started to take classes at our community college (free credited classes for senior citizens.) I submitted several of the stories I wrote for your challenges to the college's award-winning art and literary annual, and two of them (slightly altered for publication) and one other story were accepted this year. I think I write better with the word challenges because they make me come up with a unique story and force me to use words in creative ways.

I loved your photos, especially the close-up shots. (Love the chipmunks.) I am in the market for a used camera. What kind do you have? I really want one that is very expensive, but I want a less expensive used one until I can decide what features I really like. Also, one of my problems is that I really hate lugging a big camera around. I took a point-and-shot to Brazil. For most shots it worked fine, and one of the people I traveled with had a better camera and shared his photos with me, but I am sorry I didn't have a better one for my trip.

Raven said...

Nice to hear from you. Cool that your wordzzle pieces were accepted to the literary annual. Way cool.

As for my camera, it's a Canon SX130. 12x zoom and 12.1 pixels. Point and shoot. My greedy little chipmunk seems to be developing a following. He really is cute. I kind of wish some birds would visit the porch, but so far he is not open to sharing it with the other much more genteel and demure chipmunk who visits. The birds have not really show up for some reason. Maybe our weird, weird weather.

Brazil sounds wonderful.

Would be nice to not be the lone wordzzler. I've enjoyed doing the long story, but I'm also kind of ready to finish it off.

CJ said...

I have recommended your prompts to several teachers, but, if they liked the idea, I think they would have just used the concept and given their students their own lists of words ---maybe vocabulary words they were learning in other classes as (at least where I taught school) most teachers try to coordinate learning in various subjects so that math, for example, isn't seen as being in a completely different universe from, say, history. I taught art. We taught vocabulary, coordinated art history with social studies lessons, used math (mostly measuring) and students had to write in art class, perhaps a poem to go with a drawing or a self-evaluation.

Your point and shoot takes great photos. When I zoom in too much, my photos just get blurred. I have 2 telephoto lenses for an older camera, but I don't even use them because the resulting photos are terrible. I'm actually looking for a DSLR or a camera that acts like a DSLR. I saw one on Craig's list, but it was sold the day before I emailed an inquiry. Then the guy who was with us on our trip to Brazil offered to sell me his. Immediately, I sent him some questions about it, but he didn't read his email for several days and sold it to someone else. I want a Sony NEX-7 with the standard and an extra lens. It was Popular Photography's 2011 camera of the year. We have a big plumbing problem, so I don't want to spend much money until we see how much that is going to cost.

Even if you are the only wordzzler, think of it as self-discipline, forcing yourself to write. I can take the community college classes for credit or just audit them. I always take them for credit because if I don't, it is too easy to blow off a class or not do assignments. If I do the work, I learn something.

If I can catch some time, I might join in. If I have only yours to read, maybe I can keep up.