Friday, May 11, 2012

Weekly Wordzzle Challenge #203




And the story of the Paragon of Virtue goes on and on and on. We are up to installment 43! Yikes. Edging towards a finish. Every week I think maybe it will be today and every week the words drag me on in their own path.

As has become my habit (bad habit), I'm going to post Mr. Linky and next week's words awhile, but will probably do my own wordzzles tomorrow. 

Saturday 4:00 PM - Unexpected company coming today, plus some reiki commitments. Apologies. Will do my exercises tomorrow. I promise.


Sunday, :4:45 PM - Agggghhhhhh!  This was an awful collection of words. Who makes these stupid lists up anyway? Oops.. It's me.  Anyway, these are not very interesting, but they are finished. Lord knows how I'm going to get out of the mess I have just painted myself into. Sigh. Well, I don't have to think about it until next week. I'm off to see if there are any birds to watch.

Here are links to the previous episodes.  If you need/want to catch up, click here for the 1st installment, 2nd installment3rd installment4th installment5th installment6th installment7th installment.8th installment9th installment10th installment11th installment12th installment13th installment14th installment15th installment16th installment17th installment, 18th installment19th installment20th installment21st installment22nd installment23rd installment24th installment25th installment26th installment27th installment28th installment29th installment30th installment31st installment32nd installment33rd installment34th installment35th installment36th installment37th installment 38th installment39th installment40th installment41st installment, 42nd installment...


Words for this week's 10 word challenge were:  eclipse, question, essential, value, encourage, green eggs and ham, charge, wanted, cheat, wonderful    And for the mini: country, treatment, concession, united, typical


My mega: 

"Oh, my WHAT???"  the rest of the group exclaimed with one united voice. Their question hung in the charged air for what seemed like an eternity, before Agravard and Armadillo replied. "We sense two trolls and another veiled entity between them which we can't quite define."  "Thank you my friends. Your ability to communicate is a blessing indeed. I wish I could say that it is "typical" of Qullard Quake to do such and such, but all that is typical of him is to be as unpredictable as he is evil in his machinations. Therefore, it is essential that we know more before we proceed. I have had an idea that may allow us to cheat our inability to see behind the lady... I gather she is unable to turn and look and in any case, were she to do so, it might trigger something we do not wish to trigger. My thought is to transport a small mirror into her hands and encourage her to reflect to us as subtly as possible what stands behind her, so that we can prepare the best possible treatment for the condition/situation in which she finds herself. The value of such information is immeasurable." "Lady Purist believes this is a wonderful idea, though she asks for a few moments to prepare - a concession to the stiffness that decades of stillness has produced in her mind and body. She tells us that even if she wanted to, she would be hard pressed to confront her wardens. She has, she explains - in order to eclipse the pain and fear of her predicament - created what she is calling a "country of the mind."  The land of Green Eggs and Ham, she calls it. She borrowed it from an earth story her father read to her many years ago."  "Let her know that we await her command and commend her on her strength and resilience... and that we hope she will be rewarded with freedom very soon."






My mini:


Thus saying, the wizard turned to Paraphrase and asked. "When I transport the mirror, my friend, do you think you could create some subtle, natural event to distract the attention of whatever warders stand behind Lady Purist in hopes that they will not notice the arrival of our gift to their prisoner.  I'm thinking of some typical event like a small rock slide or perhaps a mild earth tremor.... "A tremor perhaps," the dragon replied, "and I am thinking that it is time to return the Paragon and Painter Perfidy to our midst. While we engage in our united intrusion and distraction, the painter could use his skill to provide us a concealed entrance to the Lady's prison and perhaps come up with some treatment that would protect the lady from harm when we finally breach the space.  "When this rescue is done, my dragon friends," the wizard said, bowing to each of the gathered dragons in turn, "I believe the Society of Wizards will be obliged to offer up an official Order of Concession, that Dragon-kind should be included as an Order of Wizards. You know I have long thought such a concession was due, but your actions here make impossible to deny you that right any longer. But politics later. Let us finish this task first and celebrate later. I raise the issue only as a way to express my gratitude for your presence and your collective skill and wisdom along this entire journey. 






And the 10-word: 


"I second and encourage that suggestion," the Paragon of Virtue chimed in, re-entering the cave with the painter in tow. "Afraid we have been eavesdropping on all of you. The is no question that the value of dragon help and dragon wisdom certainly eclipses the pitiful efforts of this Paragon. You are the most wonderful, kind and noble beings I have ever encountered and should not be cheated of recognition because of the vanity of human hubris. You have been essential to the success of every aspect of this journey.  On another subject, I wanted to to offer up an idea that popped into my brain when Lady Purist mentioned Green Eggs and Ham. It occurred to me that perhaps Mr. Perfidy could paint her into the book temporarily - with her permission, of course - to protect her from harm while we charge whatever monsters await us in there. It is a work very familiar to me and I have shared my memory of the work in great detail with Mr. Perfidy and he believes he could create a world quite pleasant and enchanting for the Lady. It would protect her from harm while we do battle and in case we fail in our efforts, it would be an improvement for her from her present situation and would keep her safe until those who would come after us could accomplish her rescue.  I don't know if it is a good idea, but if we can pull it off, it would take away the enemy's greatest power - their ability to harm she whom we are here to rescue. What do you think?"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words for next week's 10-word challenge:  split, verdict, light and shadow, wrestle, soft breeze, challenge, argument, teen-agers, stripes, eggs

And for the mini: combine, slice of cake, "pray, do tell," silence, layers


Thanks you for playing.  Newcomers can check here for some guidelines to make the game more fun. There are no rules, just some general guidelines and tricks.

2 comments:

The Bug said...

I love the whimsy of Green Eggs & Ham. And I see no corner - charge on ahead!

Argent said...

Back up to speed! I can well sympathise with a story that just won't finish! I am, however, thoroughly enjoying this one.