Sunday, December 05, 2010

Daily Reminder # 188

She's pointing that thing at me again. It's SO
annoying... Really.... Suppose I may as well
get it over with... sigh....

This seems to be the only picture
I have scanned into the computer
right now... my parents with their
third? grandchild, I think.

Today would have been my mother's 100th birthday.  She and my father were born 5 days apart, so this coming Friday would have been his 100th birthday as well. My mother was a wonderful human being. Not easy to have for a mother, but a truly good person. She was deeply emotionally wounded, passionate about justice, had a wry sense of humor, was deeply, profoundly shame ridden - a shame which she projected onto me most of the time. Many of my wounds and life challenges came to me through her version of mothering. But many of my strengths came through her also. I wish I had known more about myself and life when she was alive - she died in February 1991 - seems impossible it was so long ago.  I wish I could have helped her to love herself. I wish I had felt love and approval from her. I know that in her own fashion she did love me. I wouldn't have traded her for anyone else. She is, after all, woven into my body mind and spirit.  Happy Birthday, Mom.


Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • my mother
  • my father
  • heat
  • hot water
  • water
  • indoor plumbing
  • thermal windows & curtains
  • egg rolls
  • music
  • laughter
  • sleep
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • reiki
  • angels
  • the internet
  • games
  • words
  • ideas
  • my PCH Sweepstakes win 
  • my Bose sound system
  • my 22 inch Vizio flat screen TV
  • my clothes dryer
  • my new camera with lots of pixels & zoom
  • my winning lottery ticket
  • inspiration
  • hope
  • friends
  • laughter
  • life



Have a Great Day!

3 comments:

quilly said...

Great tribute to your mother, Raven. I am a fiorm believer that most parents are trying their very best to do and give their very best for their children -- sometimes they just don't have the skills, emotions and abilities that would make doing so more successful.

Argent said...

I like that you are able to be so generous to your mother, giving that she was not an easy mother to have. I hope one day, I'll be able to feel the same about my father.

Still, the snow is gone! Love the kitties, they always cheer me up and I'm grateful for that.

Diana said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for writing it.