Monday, December 13, 2010

Daily Reminder # 196

I don't know what she was seeing out there,
but she stayed mesmerized for quite a while.


Nothing much to day tonight except "Thank you," to those who have given me wise counsel about the Amanda and the Cookie Witch story. Somewhere in my heart I think I knew already the truth of what you have said. Sometimes as writers, we (well I) fall in love with certain words and phrases and it's very hard for me to let them go. I think in some ways the other part of the difficulty with this story is that it is on some level a letter to my child self from the mother I wish I had had. Something like that anyway. Things I wish I had known, love and affirmation I wish I had been given. I will let the guidance you have offered rumble around in my head for a bit and give some revisions a go. If I get anywhere, I'll share it with you. With love and gratitude.




I think I'll just do gratitude tonight.  Not sure what's going on with me. My arm and shoulder muscles and my joints are going through kind of throbby aching and I'm not at all happy about it, especially because I'm not sure what the reason for it is (besides getting old).  I'm used to relatively constant low-grade pain but this is a notch higher. Maybe not even medium, but I would like it to stop. Sigh. Enough whining. I hate taking pills, but I am glad once in a while to have them around. And it could be worse. So I remind myself to say, "Thank you for Everything. I have no complaints whatsoever." 




Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • ibuprofin
  • yogurt
  • water
  • movies
  • Netflix
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my new desk chair
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • my legs still willing to take me from room to room
  • the 5 senses
  • music
  • Christmas carols
  • my new 22" Vizio flat screen TV
  • my Bose sound system
  • my big Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes win
  • winning lottery tickets
  • my new Canon Powershot with tons of pixels and zoom
  • my clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • e-bates
  • HEAP
  • heat and a working furnace
  • my home
  • my nieces and nephew and that they are happy with those they love
  • friends
  • wise counsel
  • my camera
  • thermal curtains
  • laughter
  • tears
  • words
  • beauty
  • truth
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • life


HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

2 comments:

positive affirmation said...

Life healing - Nourish mind body soul
Loving myself heals my life, i nourish my mind body and soul as I recognize more and more what a unique, loving, beautiful and wonderful person I am.

Argent said...

I do hope you do something with your story - I'd love to see it finished.

Hope your shoulder get better as well.