Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Daily Reminder # 197


Argent (I think it was Argent) suggested that I watch Hogfather and I did that last night. Just delightful and highly recommended. This movie (well it's in two parts so I guess it should be movies). This author - Terry Pratchett - writes with a droll tone that reminds me of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a book which made me laugh out loud over and over and sometimes until it hurt. I do love laughing. 


I had a good session with Dr. Jim today. We talked more about my belief that I am greedy. My mother planted this so deep in my bones that it is hard for my rational mind to override it. She conflated wanting with greed. Even wanting was a sin. I know this isn't true but I also don't. It remains confusing and painful.We laughed a lot, though. Laughing is good.




I think tonight is a good night to share another What God Wants You to Know message from Neale Donald Walsh. It's a really good one. We should all hear it every day. We should all hear it from the time we are small children and at times when we are most in doubt about our worth in the world.



On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
...that the world is so much brighter, so much better,
because you are in it.

If only you knew all the gifts that you bring to others.
You would never feel sad again, but only rejoice in
how wonderful God has made you!

I would not say these things just to make you feel
good. The things I've said here happen to be true.
Love, Your Friend....
neale







Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • my furnace (it's 10 degrees out... ugh.)
  • my fuzzy robe and my sweater and my thermal shirt and my warm nigntie
  • blankets (sensing a theme?)
  • insulation and insulated windows
  • my sweet house
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • water
  • kind neighbors
  • the internet
  • credit cards
  • my 22" Vizio flat screen TV
  • my Canon Powershot with lots of zoom and pixels
  • my Bose sound system
  • my new dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • winning lottery tickets
  • the 5 senses
  • my Tibetan salt lamps (I think they are helping Tara)
  • food
  • my microwave
  • cheese
  • Richard Holbrook
  • Dr. Jim
  • reiki
  • angels
  • Dennis Puffett
  • my camera
  • this blog
  • words
  • movies/Netflix
  • mail
  • laughter
  • life


HAVE A GREAT DAY
You are Wonderful!

1 comment:

Argent said...

Hogfather is nto the best of Terry's works I think, but made for great viewing when it was first released. My claim to fame is that I worked in the same organisation as he did at the same time before he went and got all famous (wish I'd kept that company directory now with his name in - be worth a bit on eBay, LOL).

Wanting is not a sin - maybe wanting excessively is, but I'm not sure how you'd determine the difference. When you say you are greedy - we're not just talking food greedy I take it? You don't strike me as greedy at all.